The constant conflict between my parents and myself over whether or not to watch television had become too much for me, so I made the decision to invest in a 30-inch Vizio television for my room.
Before difficulties began to arise with the SmartCast applications, everything had been running well for many months. Frequently, they would not load or would crash all of a sudden, depending on the situation.
Upon researching numerous Vizio models on the Internet and reading customer reviews and complaints, I discovered that my issue was just one of many that the vast majority of Vizio owners were experiencing.
During my search for answers, the techie in me spent countless hours reading blogs and support forums. In the event that I misplaced the remote for my Vizio TV, I conducted extensive research to discover the Best Universal Remote for Vizio TVs to replace it. As a result, I was confident in my skills.
Finally, I was able to compile a thorough list of difficulties that consumers were experiencing, all of which could be resolved by doing a simple factory reset on their devices. But how can one go about resetting it?
It is possible to conduct a soft reset on your television by disconnecting it and holding down the power button for 3-5 seconds. In other words, To sum it up, I discovered that users were encountering a wide range of issues, many of which could be remedied by doing a simple factory reset on their devices.
You may conduct a hard reset by going to Menu ->System->Reset and Admin->Reset TV to Factory Defaults on the remote control, respectively. Keep in mind, however, that a Hard Reset will completely erase the TV’s memory.
Do you have to Reset your Vizio TV?
It’s not worth it to lose your preferences and settings unless you have to. Most Vizio TV consumers had one of the following problems, which a factory reset might fix. If any of the following apply to you:
- While watching a program, your television seems to be operating too slowly, or it appears to lag or freeze.
- Your television does not show displays with varied colors on them.
- Despite pressing the Power button on your TV/remote control, your television does not come on.
- SmartCast applications such as Netflix and Hulu fail to load or seem to crash at random.
- When you launch specific applications, all you see is a blank or black screen.
- You want to sell your television, in which case you may wish to delete all of your personal information from the device.
- You purchased it from another seller and would want to have their preferences removed.
- You can’t seem to get your television to connect to a WiFi network.
- You are encountering difficulties with the audio or video.
- You have forgotten your password or have lost access to the home screen.
Alternatively, if you merely want your television to return to its original condition. Depending on your device, you may be able to resolve some of these difficulties by doing a soft reset. However, I highly suggest you attempt that first and only resort to a hard reset as the last option if all else fails.
How to Soft Reset your Vizio Smart TV
It’s really simple. First and foremost, disconnect your television. Then, at your leisure, unplug the power cable from the back of the TV or from the wall socket that it is connected to.
Then, for 3 to 5 seconds, push and hold the power button on the television. Finally, reconnect the power cord and switch on the television. The soft reset procedure has been completed.
It may be necessary to utilize the menu settings to do a soft reset on certain devices. To do so, hit the Menu button on your remote control. Select System, then Reset, then Admin, and then Soft Power Cycle to complete the process.
This should force your television to shut down and restart. If it doesn’t work, the next best thing is to do a hard reset.
How to Hard Factory Reset your VIZIO Smart TV
Always remember that doing an unintentional hard reset can completely delete all of your data. Consequently, in order to customize it, you’ll have to start from scratch. If you unintentionally do a hard reset, all of your data may be lost forever. As a result, customizing it will need to start again.
Even though your television has an on-screen menu button on one of its sides, you’ll nearly always require a remote to reset it unless there are special conditions.
In other words, in rare circumstances, if your television is equipped with an on-screen menu button on one of its sides, you will almost always need a remote to reset your TV.
A Simple Way to Hard Reset
- To access the Menu, press the Menu button on your remote.
- Navigate using the arrow buttons, and then pick System by clicking the OK button on your keyboard.
- Go to the Reset and Admin menus. To continue, press OK.
- Choose the option to Reset TV to Factory Defaults from the drop-down Menu. To continue, press OK.
- If you haven’t updated the parental code yet, just input 0000 when the device asks for a password to access the Internet.
- Make your way to the Reset button. To continue, press OK.
- The television will now be turned off.
Following a restart, you will be prompted to enter your settings and preferences, just as you were the first time you brought it home.
Hard Reset the Harder Way
You may hard reset your Vizio TV if the techniques outlined above do not work for you for whatever reason. To do so, follow these steps:
- Remove the power from the television, but do not unplug it.
- Press and hold the CH+ and CH- buttons on the remote control together for a few seconds.
- To turn on the computer, press the Power button. You are under no obligation to keep it.
- Release the CH+ and CH- buttons at this point.
- When you hit the Menu button, a menu will show on your computer’s screen.
- An F will be shown in the bottom-right corner of the screen. This indicates that you have reached the factory configuration screen.
- The Service Menu will be presented once a period of time has elapsed after hitting the Menu button.
- Hopefully, you will be able to access factory reset choices from this page.
Final Thoughts on Resetting your Vizio TV
There is nothing wrong with your Vizio TV if you see it acting in strange ways. However, a reboot may be in order.
First, try a soft reset, and if that doesn’t work, then do a hard reset according to the instructions. Vizio Support should be contacted if none of the above solutions work.
It was only after a factory reset gave some serenity to my house that Vizio’s customer service has exceeded my expectations. Even more so now that SmartCast has made our lives so much simpler.
To save time, I may choose a certain film or television program and get a list of platforms where I can watch it. To say I’m hooked is an understatement.
How do I reset my Vizio TV without a remote?
For models that enable SmartCast, this is feasible. Hold down the V- and Input buttons until a message appears on the screen and then release. Only the V-button will be required of you. Ten seconds should be enough time for the TV to restart.
Why is my Vizio TV not responding to the remote?
Several possibilities exist as to why this is the case. This is the first thing you’ll want to keep in mind while setting up your TV. Other possible causes include dead or incorrectly-placed remote battery cells. The answers are here.
How do I reset my Vizio TV when the screen is black?
Press and hold the mute button for five seconds if the soft reset doesn’t work, as described above. Make certain that the ‘Mute Screen’ mode is not active by checking this box. Is there no joy in sight? If that’s the case, you should contact the Vizio Customer Support staff.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.