Have you got a Samsung TV that you’ve linked to external tv speakers or soundbars through an optical connection, but there’s no sound coming out of the external speakers or soundbar? If you answered yes, then please follow our instructions to resolve this issue thoroughly.
The built-in TV speakers are not the best option for you to hear a high-quality sound. As a result, we must connect our chosen external speakers to experience excellent sound.
The optical cable is one of the most effective means of audio transmission since it transmits high-quality Audio, but it must install it correctly to be effective.
When you use an optical cable to connect your Samsung TV to external speakers or a soundbar, you’ll need to make a few adjustments to the settings on your TV.
First, ensure that everything has been completed correctly before receiving sounds via external speakers. Don’t be concerned if you have made a mistake since we will walk you through the process today.
Step by Step: Samsung TV Optical Out Not Working
To get sound from your Samsung TV while connected to external speakers through optical out, follow the instructions outlined in the following section.
#1 Change Audio Output
Navigate to the television’s settings menu by using the Samsung TV remote. Hover over the sound area in the options menu.
Ensure that the sound output is set to Audio Out/Optical instead of the TV speakers in the sound section.
#2 Go-To Expert Settings
After making the necessary changes to the audio output, return to the sound section and then hover down to Expert Settings.
Follow the steps below to convert the HDMI Input Audio Format and the Digital Output Audio Format to PCM.
#3 Change Audio/Sound Settings
Select Optical from the Audio/Sound settings on your Samsung TV by selecting Audio Out and then selecting Optical. Other alternatives, such as HDMI ARC and Internal TV Speakers, may be available, but you must choose Optical above the others.
When you click on Optical, what will present you with several other choices to choose from. You must pick Digital Out Sound from the drop-down menu (PCM).
#4 Test Audio
After you’ve made all of these adjustments, try playing music from your Samsung TV to check whether the sound comes through the external speakers properly.
Because all of the settings have been completed correctly, what should you hear with sound via external speakers! If it is not, there must be a physical issue.
Troubleshooting No Sound
It is necessary to test the optical cable first if, after completing all the procedures, you are still unable to hear sound when your Samsung TV is linked to external speakers through an optical connection.
A second optical cable may be used if needed, and you should try plugging it into the TV to see if it works. If not, you should replace it. You may also purchase a new optical cable if necessary.
- Optical digital audio cable: Perfect, crystal-clear digital audio for DVDs, Blu-rays, home theater systems, receivers, satellite TV, online streaming, PlayStation 4 & Xbox One gaming systems
- Home theater TOSLINK fiber optic cables: Professional cable works with multi-channel surround sound, uncompressed PCM audio and compressed 5.1 to 7.1 surround sound systems including Dolby Digital Plus, DTS-HD High Resolution and LPCM
- Highest quality digital audio cables: Optical cables feature a fully flexible PVC jacket with precision manufacturing to provide the highest quality, longest lasting optical cables available
- 24K gold-plated connectors: Corrosion resistant gold plating keeps connectors clean. And because these cables are fiber optic, they are immune to RFI or EMI signal interference
- 36 months manufacturer warranty
It’s possible that an issue with the ports on either your Samsung TV or your external speakers is to blame if it doesn’t function after that.
We hope that our tutorial will assist you in resolving your “Samsung TV Optical Out No Sound” issue and that you will hear sound coming from external speakers.
Best Seller List of Samsung TVs:
- HANDPICKED BY AMAZON: They did the research so you don’t have to.
- DYNAMIC CRYSTAL COLOR: Witness millions of shades of color through powerful Dynamic Crystal technology
- CRYSTAL PROCESSOR 4K: See every detail with stunning clarity; The powerful processor, specifically tuned for Crystal Displays, converts what you're watching to 4K
- BUILT-IN VOICE ASSISTANTS: Access a world of content beyond streaming; Schedule recordings, search, auto-adjust gaming settings, seamlessly connect with a host of compatible devices, and control your smart TV with your voice, all with one remote
- HDR: Enjoy a whole new world of vivid color and detail found in newer films and streaming service content with HDR, also known as High Dynamic Range
- 100% COLOR VOLUME WITH QUANTUM DOT: Bask in a billion shades of brilliant color at 100% Color Volume, that stay true even in bright scenes.
- QUANTUM PROCESSOR LITE WITH 4K UPSCALING: Everything on your screen is upgraded to 4K resolution by a smart, powerful processor.
- DUAL LED: Enjoy natural, real-life colors with dedicated warm and cool Dual LED backlights.
- QUANTUM HDR: Go beyond HDTV with Quantum HDR that delivers an expanded range of color and contrast.
- SMART TV WITH MULTIPLE VOICE ASSISTANTS: Just speak up—your favorite Voice Assistant is built in and ready to help.
- Full HD 1080p Resolution
- Micro Dimming Pro
- Samsung Smart TV. Mini Wall Mount and Vesa Wall Mount Compatible
- SmartThings App Support. Product Size (W x H x D) Without Stand-36.3 x 20.9 x 2.9 inches. Stand Size (WxHxD)-5.2 x 5.6 x 6.7 inches
- TRANSFORMATIVE 4K PROCESSOR - Transform everything you watch into stunning 4K with the ultra-fast processor.
- IMMERSIVE CURVES TO ENHANCE VIEWING EXPERIENCE - Modern and polished, the sleek curved design fills the contours of your space with an immersive viewing experience.
- YOUR NEW HOME OFFICE - Mirror your computer’s display on the TV screen wirelessly and up into your office PC to access files or work on documents using Microsoft Office 365—all from the comfort of your couch.
- EXPERIENCE THE BEAUTY OF 4K UHD RESOLUTION - Crisp, clear picture with 4X the resolution of Full HD.
- SEE IN STUNNING DETAIL - High Dynamic Range (HDR) lets you enjoy a wide spectrum of colors and visual details, even in dark scenes.
- The Ultimate Flat 4K SUHD Picture powered by the Quantum Dot Color Drive. Fires off a billion more colors than HD TVs for a lifelike picture unlike anything else
- More than just pitch black, get the best shades of black with Triple Black Technology. Never miss a detail in the dark.
- HDR 1000 mirrors the high contrast and vividness the way movie makers intended
- Advanced contrast, color and sharpness for true-to-life image quality with Supreme UHD Dimming
- Smart 2016 - Use one universal remote to switch from Live TV to streaming seamlessly. Easily access everything you want to watch.
- A BILLION BRILLIANT COLORS: Enjoy vivid, lifelike color, regardless of brightness from 100% Color Volume with Quantum Dot
- DYNAMIC CONTRAST: See bold detail delivered by dedicated warm and cool Dual LED backlights that adjust in real time
- EXPANDED COLOR RANGE: Go beyond HDTV with Quantum HDR that delivers a vivid spectrum of color and contrast to your Smart TV
- AIR SLIM DESIGN: Elevate your space with a sleek TV aesthetic
- 4K UPSCALING: Whatever you watch, the Quantum Processor 4K transforms it to 4K through machine learning-based AI
- CRYSTAL PROCESSOR 4K: This ultra fast processor transforms everything you watch into stunning 4K.
- MOTION RATE 240: Minimizes motion blur on screen, so action packed movies and sports stay smooth and crisp.
- SMART TV POWERED BY TIZEN TM: Go beyond Smart TV with next gen apps, super easy control, and a host of enhancements that elevate the TV watching experience.
- REAL GAME ENHANCER + TM: Engineered to make the TV and the console work seamlessly together to reduce lag, tearing and stuttering.
- CRYSTAL DISPLAY: Experience crystal clear colors that are fine tuned to deliver a naturally crisp and vivid picture.
- THE WORLD'S 1st DO-IT-ALL SCREEN: The monitor for every side of life. Get work done without a PC, with the installed Microsoft Office 365, or by remote access to your office computer. Then switch to pure entertainment with the on-board one-stop entertainment system.¹²
- STREAM ENDLESS ENTERTAINMENT (SMART TV APPS):Binge watching got even easier. Access a bunch of entertainment apps, such as Netflix, YouTube, and HBO, without switching on your PC or laptop. The remote control and built-in speakers simplify your chill time.³⁴⁵⁶⁷
- MOBILE MEETS BIG SCREEN (MOBILE CONNECTIVITY): Wireless DeX unlocks a full PC experience, without any PC. Use mobile productivity apps, such as video conferencing, documents, and browsers, through just your monitor and phone. To see photos or watch movies on the big screen, just tap it with your phone using Tap View.⁸⁹¹⁰
- CONNECT WITH WORLD'S FIRST AIRPLAY 2 MONITOR (AIRPLAY 2): With a first-of-its-kind AirPlay 2 integration, use Apple devices to work and play on the big screen. Improve workflow by creating a wireless dual monitor setup with your MacBook and Smart Monitor. When it's time to relax, effortlessly enjoy videos, music, photos, and more from your iPhone or iPad.
- WORK AND LEARN FROMA DISTANCE (PC ON SCREEN): Work seamlessly from anywhere. Boost your productivity with PC on Screen features. Using the Microsoft 365 suite, view and edit documents, and conveniently save them all on the cloud. Even while at home, Easy Connection lets you work remotely on your school or office desktop.¹¹¹²¹³¹⁴
- DIRECT FULL ARRAY: Watch the deep blacks and bright whites pop from LED lights directly behind your screen.
- QUANTUM PROCESSOR WITH 4K UPSCALING: Enjoy your picture automatically converted to stunning 4K by the intelligent processor.
- QUANTUM HDR 12X | 8X: Watch how your picture deepens with an amazing range of immersive color.
- DOLBY ATMOS AND OBJECT TRACKING SOUND: Sound that moves with the on-screen action.
- REAL DEPTH ENHANCER: Experience depth and dimension on screen just like you do in real life.
- Your purchase includes One Samsung Electronics UN32M4500A 32-Inch Smart TV, 2017 model, One standard remote controller (TM1240B) with batteries, One power cable and user manual
- TV Dimensions: Without Stand – 29.3" W x 17.4" H x 2.7" D | With Stand – 29.3" W x 18.4" H x 5.9" D | Screen size: 31.5” measured diagonally | Resolution – 1366 x 768
- No Bluetooth capability. Enjoy a clear moving picture Resolution at Motion Rate 60 with amazing refresh Rate, processing speed and backlight technology
- Enjoy a Fluid browsing experience and faster control - switching between apps, streaming content, and other media effortlessly
- Specifications: HDMI – 2 | USB – 1 | Power Supply – AC110-120V 50/60Hz | Typical Power Consumption – 33 W | VESA wall mount compatible – 75 x 75
Last update on 2022-10-03