When connected to WiFi, Vizio Smart TVs provide a fantastic viewing experience for you. You have a plethora of options and can customize anything to your liking. However, connecting a Vizio TV to WiFi and using all its capabilities becomes tough without a remote control.
Vizio Remote is the most important component of a Smart TV because you would be unable to access many of the device’s capabilities without it.
The remote control is necessary to connect your Vizio Smart TV to the internet or WiFi, in particular. Furthermore, a Smart TV cannot function properly if it does not access the internet.
Your Vizio TV remote control may have been misplaced. The best course of action is to get a replacement and receive it as soon as possible since you will be in for many issues if you do not have one.
If you go to Vizio.com and type in the phrase “Remote,” you will almost certainly find what you are looking for. It is possible to utilize Self-Serve Service Request at Vizio if your Vizio Smart TV is still under warranty and the remote no longer functions correctly.
Connection to WiFi/Internet is accomplished using a remote. If your remote has stopped functioning or has been misplaced, you may have difficulties; nevertheless, there are still choices open to you.
Connect Vizio Smart TV To WiFi/Internet Without Remote
There are two most effective methods for connecting your Vizio TV to WiFi without the need for a remote:
- Making Use of Ethernet Cable
- Making Use of a Universal Remote
Things may differ depending on your Vizio Smart TV model, but the general approach will be the same for all phases.
Ethernet Cable Connection To Vizio Smart TV
It is required that you need an ethernet cable to connect your Vizio Smart TV to the internet.
- CAT6 / CAT5e: Supports both Cat6 and Cat5e applications. The RJ45 connector used for this cable fits perfectly in both Cat6 and Cat5e ports.
- CAPABILITY: Mediabridge Cat 6 cables can support up to 10 Gigabits per second (10 times the bandwidth of Cat5e cables). Meets or exceeds Category 6 performance in compliance with the TIA/EIA 568B.2 standard. Backwards compatible with any existing Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet.
- CERTIFIED: This Mediabridge Cat6 Ethernet cable with CM Grade PVC Jacket is UL Listed, complies with TIA/EIA 568B.2 and adheres to ISO/IEC 11801. APPLICATIONS: High bandwidth of up to 550 MHz guarantees high-speed data transfer for server applications, cloud computing, video surveillance and online high definition video streaming.
- CONSTRUCTION: 24AWG Stranded conductors. Each of the 4 twisted pairs are separated by PE cross insulation to prevent crosstalk. 8P8C RJ45 connector with gold-plated contacts. CM grade PVC jacket with 5.8mm outer diameter.
- FREE VELCRO STRAP: Includes adjustable & reusable Velcro cable strap for easy organization & storage.
Then, using the on-screen directions, connect your television to your computer. to the internet correctly.
- Find the Ethernet Port on your Vizio Smart TV by pressing the menu button. What can find it mostly at the rear of all Smart TVs, including Vizio models?
- Then identify the ethernet port on your router that is comparable to the one you used to connect to your Vizio TV and use that port to make the connection.
- Utilizing an Ethernet link, associate one finish to your router and the other end to your Vizio Smart TV.
- Turn on your Vizio Smart TV by pressing the power button, which is located on the rear left side of the television.
- Locate the menu button from the group of buttons on the back or front of your Vizio TV. Click on it to proceed. If you cannot locate these buttons, you will be unable to continue with this approach.
- Navigate to the Home Network page.
- What will provoke you to pick the sort of association you want to use. You must pick “Wired Network” from the drop-down menu.
- Your Vizio Smart TV will be linked to the Internet/WiFi when you complete the above steps.
You ought to have somewhere around one widespread controller in your house, which you may use to control all gadgets that have lost or broken remote controls.
A universal remote may be used with various remote devices, including the Vizio Smart TV, with excellent results. Even though several universal remotes are available on the market, Logitech Harmony Remotes are the most popular and best universal remotes available.
- Replaces up to 5 other remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Supports 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC, live customer support available
- Bright color screen shows your favorite-channel icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-click activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
Using this universal remote, you will no longer need the original Vizio remote, as well as an internet connection or WiFi connection for your television.
How To Use Vizio Smart TV Without Remote?
Having linked your Vizio Smart TV to WiFi in any method without using a remote, the following step may be to operate the TV without using a remote as a result. If you don’t have a remote control or even a universal remote control, how will you utilize your Vizio Smart TV in this situation?
Yes, you may have a mobile phone that can perform functions comparable to the remote control.
Vizio Smartcast App allows you to operate your Vizio Smart TV from your smartphone, allowing you to add, delete, and manage applications. It is necessary to have the appropriate software installed on your smartphone.
Before you begin, double-check that both your smartphone and your Vizio TV are connected to the internet before proceeding.
Follow the steps below:
- Install the Vizio Smartcast App for Android or the Vizio Smartcast App for iOS on your cell phone or tablet from Google Play or Apple App Store.
- Open the Vizio Smartcast App on one of your devices or both of your devices.
- Tap on the Control Button, which you can find at the bottom of the homepage.
- Devices may be found in the upper right corner of the screen. A list of all of the devices that are currently accessible will be shown.
- Choose your Vizio Smart TV from the list of accessible devices on your computer.
- When you choose your Vizio TV, it will automatically be linked. After that, you’ll see a control menu that looks quite similar to the one on your remote control.
- You have all-out command over your environmental factors, including the capacity to deal with the power. You have complete command over your environmental elements, including the capacity to manage the power. You have all-out command over your environmental elements, including the capacity to manage the power, video mode, input switch, and a slew of other features.
- You may reach the movement screen by swiping to the left on screen. It will provide you with comparable control to the directional pads.
After reading this article, I hope that you will be able to connect your Vizio Smart TV to WiFi and the internet without the need for remote control.
When your Vizio TV is linked to the internet, you may access all its capabilities even if you don’t have a remote control. However, it is suggested that you get a new remote as soon as possible.
Last update on 2022-08-11