The Philips Tint, an indoor development sensor, is a truly accommodating device. When it perceives development, it grants you to thus turn your lights on to pre-established vibes and magnificence levels, configurable for different occasions.
In any case, if it’s arranged or presented in some unsuitable position, it can either miss people walking around, or it might get set off unexpectedly (for instance, by your pets). Luckily, there are different techniques for presenting your development sensor for the best effect.
Philips Tint’s indoor development sensor has a 100° development point (field of view) and is up to a 16-foot range, so think about this. Mounting your sensor unnecessarily high – or low – can achieve it not working effectively.
How does the Philips Hue Indoor Motion Sensor work?
The Philips Tint development sensor is a standard, PIR-based sensor:
“PIR” addresses reserved infrared, suggesting that the sensor effectively measures heat marks inside its span. Individuals and pets discharge heat marks (for instance, emanated infrared light), suggesting that Shade’s development sensor can distinguish when someone walks around.
What would then intend to play out a lot of exercises called plans, such as turning on express lights or changing their overshadowing and splendor? This can be significant for turning on a ton of lights when you initially get back home or normally putting the rooftop light on at the point when you just so end up noticing your utility room with an arm stacked with pieces of clothing!
The veritable contraption is battery controlled, and it goes with a charming ball that you join to your divider and therefore accomplices the sensor. You can hold the sensor quickly to a surface or even prop it up on a table. It’s truly simple to introduce. It then, at that point, gives over ZigBee back to your Tone Stage, which then, at that point, controls your lights correspondingly.
- Light up a room simply by walking in and control the intensity by the time of day, such as a gentle, warm nightlight to help you navigate your home at night.
- Battery powered, wireless, and installation free, this Hue Motion Sensor requires the Hue hub (sold separately) to work, connecting to your Hue system with control via the Philips Hue App.
- Place it anywhere in your home including your hallway, bathroom, kitchen, and more. The integrated light sensor saves energy by detecting when rooms are vacant and automatically turning off lights.
- Make it part of your Hue home lighting system with Hue accessories (sold separately) such as the Hue Tap or Hue Motion Sensor. Control by voice with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Google Assistant.
- Connect it with your Nest or Samsung SmartThings system. Each kit includes one Hue Motion Sensor with two AAA alkaline batteries, a magnet, screws, a manual, and a two-year warranty.
Philips Hue Motion Sensor Field of View
It has a 100° movement point in both the vertical and flat headings, alongside up to a 16-foot (6.9m) territory:
This moves the sensor a genuinely adaptable and valuable gadget since it can get a great deal of movement; however, it can likewise be awful because it can get excessive. Similarly, while a 100° movement point is genuinely acceptable, it can miss a few things, which is why 180° wide point movement sensors have been constructed!
The following segments cover what you ought to consider to guarantee that you place your movement sensor in the ideal area.
What to Consider When Placing It
As referred to over, the Color development sensor has a 100° vertical and even development point. It has a reasonable extent of up to 16 feet (but in fact, certain people protest that it doesn’t, by and large, recognize them from ~6 feet away!).
Think out of the box!
While setting it, you ought to likewise think in reverse: what do you hope to occur? For instance, tolerating you need your washroom roof lights to diminish down when you utilize the john in the evening, you’ll need your Philips Shade sensor pointing at the bathroom doorway.
However, you almost certainly wouldn’t care for it pointing as such from your room/appearance; some other way, it’d go off on the off chance that you turn over in bed or your cat does their day-by-day watches!
Like this, all else being the same, you’d need to track down the improvement sensor inside the restroom, pointing at the entry. Besides, since you will not need it set off accidentally by your pets (decidedly toward this later), you need to introduce the sensor so that it’s focusing in on eye limit (for example, 5-6 feet off the ground) – like this even with a 100° vertical point, it shouldn’t be set off by pets. It will, notwithstanding, be set off by a human strolling around the restroom.
Consider the timetables
“For what reason is this individual enlightening me to think concerning my Alexa plans?!” you inquire? In reality, actually, no, not those schedules – you should examine your steady (IRL!) plans.
That is because they’ll manage to get the best out of your advancement sensor, for instance.
- Accepting you regularly make early afternoon trips to the cooler, a development sensor near the fridge intended to come on/trigger between 11 pm-3 am will look good.
- If you notice an awful situation for your Shade development sensor, consider whether you will open or close doorways for express activities as a general rule. For example, do you close the receiving area entrance when you settle down to watch a Friday night film? Given that this is valid, a development sensor can be presented thinking about this. For instance, a discouraged doorway will ‘cut’ the PIR development sensor and prevent it from setting off. You’d then, at that point, have the option to begin the development sensor outside the parlor, in the data that it won’t get set off inadvertently during film time by anyone moving around inside the family room.
- If you appreciate gazing, here is the spot to be at the TV in your room around evening time yet needn’t bother with the development sensor set off by the TV. Consider presenting the sensor someplace close to the leg of the bed.
This will allow the sensor to watch the room and (ensuite) washroom entryways yet not get confused by the TV. Pets will then successfully trigger it – so either shut the room doorway around evening time or set the associated light to 1% quality so the development sensor won’t stir you with a 100% glorious light!
- Guarantee it very well may be introduced where you plan it.
Right when you’ve finished the method involved with looking at your rooms and working out the best spots for your Color development sensors, guarantee that it’s not hard to present there!
It would help if you kept going. The thing is to choose alone ‘best spot’ and subsequently comprehend it’s hard to present there.
The development sensor lives it up opening rearward, which fixes onto an appealing ball. This ball is successfully screwed onto the divider, yet on the off chance that you can’t sink this regardless, you may have to contain and, actually, use:
- Velcro strips
- Request M3 stick belt
- 3D-printed Hue sensor stands for a printer that is 3D (or permission to an unassuming enough printing organization).
These can be applied to the appealing ball or clearly to the Tone development sensor if the ball doesn’t look good.
“Wonderful is the adversary of good “
All the previously mentioned, don’t over-analyze your decision to put the Philips Tone development sensor. Please make an effort not to let the ideal be the adversary of good, as it’s been said!
The development sensor has a 100° vertical and even reaches perceives an extensive sum. It might be past hard to completely think about each possible human (and pet!) plan that may incidentally trigger the sensor.
Essentially, you might present it in one spot, potentially understanding that it doesn’t get set off when someone achieves something nearby in a particular ‘weak side.’
If you’re questionable, possibly use a concrete strip to present the appealing ball before sinking it, always momentarily.
Best Install Location for Philips Hue Motion Sensor When You Have Pets
Perceiving 67% of American homes have pets, I expected to cover what pets mean for your Tone development sensor circumstance.
That is canvassed in extensively more noteworthy profundity in its committed help; nonetheless, the essential worry to know is that if you present the Tone sensor at floor level (or pointing at the floor), it has a higher shot at being set off by your pets:
I’m similar to this. Presenting it higher up looks good.
In any case, where this is silly or wouldn’t look good, two things you can endeavor rather are:
- Lower the development affectability (under state-of-the-art settings in the Tone application) to medium or low. The medium may work with more unobtrusive pets; as it may, a big canine may require a ‘low’ development affectability setting.
- The light down to a frail 1% magnificence (particularly in the evening). Then, at that point, if your pets do trigger the development sensor, you won’t be woken up by 100% impressive white lights!
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Best Seller List of Philips Hue:
- Simple to Get Started; Set the mood with 16 million colors. Control your Philips Hue Smart Lights all with just the touch of a button on your mobile device or your favorite voice assistant. Add up to 10 Hue Bluetooth/Zigbee smart bulbs with the (free) Hue Bluetooth app. When ready to connect a voice assistant, just go to Settings > Add voice assistant in the Hue App.
- Certified for humans: Struggle-free, tinker-free, stress-free. No patience needed—they’re actually simple.
- Lifetime: 22 years or 25,000 lifetime hours (based on industry average usage), Energy Star Certified
- Previous Hue Customers; This smart light, while Bluetooth compatible, will continue to work with your Hue Hub and can be seamlessly integrated into your current Hue Ecosystem. With the Hue Hub, you can control up to 50 smart lights throughout your home (even outdoor). Create timers and routines to automate your entire smart home lighting setup. Control your lights while away from home or add accessories such as motion sensors and smart switches to further enhance your experience.
- Set the right mood: Style up your home decor with color accents or set up fun light colors for your next party. Support your day with pre-set light recipes, to get you energized in the morning and wind you down after a long day.
- VOICE CONTROL: The Philips Hue Go White and Color Portable Smart Light Table Lamp works with Alexa smart home devices for voice control (hue hub required, Alexa smart device and hub sold separately). For the full Hue experience and to take advantage of voice activation purchase the Philips Hue Hub (Model: 458471). Search "Philips Hue Hub" or "B016H0QZ7I" to find this product on Amazon.
- LIMITLESS POSSIBILITIES: The wireless, portable and rechargeable Hue Go lasts up to 3 hours without needing a charge. Control through the Hue home automation system or via the on-product button. Customize your own personal light show on the go, capable of 16 million colors and shades of white light.
- EASY AND CONVENIENT: Control your Philips Hue Go even without your smart device at hand. Activate smart light settings directly by pressing the button on the product. Or connect with the Hue Hub (sold separately) to control with the Philips Hue App.
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Expand your smart lighting system with Hue accessories (sold separately) such as a Hue Dimmer switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor.
- SMART HOME DEVICE COMPATIBILIITY: Control your Philips Hue lights with your voice using smart home devices like Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or Samsung SmartThings system.80 CRI from 2000-4000K
- Create a personalized experience with colorful smart light
- Works with Alexa, Google, Apple HomeKit and Many Others
- Control up to 10 lights with the Bluetooth app
- Set the right mood with warm to cool white light
- Create a personalized experience with colorful smart light
- INCLUDES POWER SUPPLY. Connect up to 3 Hue Play’s on 1 power supply unit. Requires the Hue Hub (sold separately, Model 458471). Search "Philips Hue Hub" or "B016H0QZ7I" to find this product on Amazon.
- VOICE ACTIVATED: The Philips Hue White & Color Ambiance Bar Light can be controlled using your voice when you have Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant enabled (Philips Hue Hub and Smart Home Device required and sold separately). Philips Hue smart lights can also be paired for home automation with your existing Nest products or Samsung SmartThings system.
- LIMITLESS POSSIBILITIES: Enhance your smart home with the Philips Hue Play. The design is aesthetically pleasing and will adapt well with any living room setup. Let you smart light stand on your cabinet to create a pleasant ambiance, mount it on the back of your TV or even lay it flat on the floor to brighten your walls from floor to ceiling.
- ULTIMATE TV LIGHTING EXPERIENCE: Create the most beautiful backlight for your television. Just mount Philips Hue Play behind your screen using the clips and double-sided tape included in the pack, and enhance your viewing experience with splashes of light surrounding your television.
- EASY INSTALLATION: Connect not only 1, but up to 3 Hue Plays to the same power supply unit, leaving enough room for other devices. With each additional Hue Play, your smart lighting experience becomes even more immersive. This base kit includes 1 power supply.
- BATTERY LIFE OPTIMIZED FOR DIFFERENT USAGE: Cozy candle setting lasts 18 hours, Dimmed, ambient light lasts 10 hours, Colored light for creating custom scenes lasts 5 hours, and soft white light for reading lasts 2. 5 hours. This light is perfect as a living room light, bedroom light or kitchen light.
- MILLIONS OF COLORS: Instantly set the mood for any occasion with 16 million colors of smart light.
- SET THE MOOD: easily set the mood with bluetooth-enabled led smart bulbs and the easy-to-use hue bluetooth app. control up to 10 smart lights in a room.
- PERFECT FOR ENTERTAINMENT: bring your movies, gaming, and music to life with philips hue color-capable smart lights and accessories that can flash, dim, brighten, and change color in sync with your media.
- PLEASE NOTE: hue hub and other accessories sold separately: hue hub (sold separately) required. accessories include the philips hue play hdmi sync box (sold separately) or the hue sync desktop app.
- Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required and included, Alexa device sold separately).
- Bathe your home in millions of colors (with improved, richer cyan, green, and blue) and shades of white light, tailored to your mood or need, controlled wirelessly via a smart device.
- Controllable whether you are home or away, this starter kit adds three color A19 LED smart light bulbs (fits standard-size table lamps) with a Hue bridge that manages up to 50 lights.
- To install, simply screw the smart bulbs into your desired light location, download the Hue mobile app and pair your Hue bridge. Control smart-bulb-equipped lamps and overhead lights via the Philips Hue App. Ideal for your favorite ceiling fan lights, floor lamps, table lamps, pendant lights, and more throughout your home.
- Easily expand your lighting system with accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system.
- Easiest Smart Accessory: Connect your existing lights (that do not fit Hue Bulbs) into your Philips Hue System. Simply plug in the Philips Hue Smart plug, pair it with the Philips Hue App, and plug in your lamp
- Works With Voice: Control the smart plug with Alexa, or Apple HomeKit to use voice commands
- Smart Fitting: The Philips Hue Smart plug is designed to limit space, allowing other outlet sockets available to be used.
- Set Timers & Schedules: With the Philips Hue app, you can set times to turn on/off the appliance, from before you wake up to bedtime.
- Get a seamless blend of flowing multicolor light in a single LED lightstrip
- Bluetooth compatible for easy connectivity, set the mood instantly with Bluetooth and the Hue app
- Choose from 16 million colors or use preset light scenes to Read, Relax, Concentrate or Energize
- Perfect for accent light behind or under furniture, cabinets, or wherever your imagination desires
- Compatible with the Hue Bridge, unlock the full Hue experience when you connect to a Bridge
- Use preset light scenes to get the best light in which to Read, Relax, Concentrate, or Energize throughout your day.
- Seamlessly create the perfect ambiance for any occasion throughout your entire home.
- Pair with any compatible Amazon Echo or Google Home device to use simple voice commands to control your Hue lights, hands free.
- Add a Hue Bridge to your Bluetooth-controlled setup to tap into upgraded features such as away-from-home control & Sync with Music. Bluetooth and Zigbee
- Certified for Humans – Smart home made easy for non-experts. Setup with Alexa is simple.
- Add surround lighting to your TV with lights that dance, flash, dim and brighten with your screen
- Enables real-time, color-accurate ambient TV lighting for immersive movies, music, and video games
- Get a seamless blend of flowing multicolor light in a single LED lightstrip
- Sync with 4 HDMI-connected devices like set-top boxes, streaming dongles and video gaming consoles
- Requires a Hue Bridge, sold separately
Last update on 2023-01-17