Several factors might be at play if your Vizio soundbar is connected to your television by HDMI ARC but does not function properly. When connecting a soundbar to a television, HDMI ARC can sometimes cease functioning, and it will even fail to operate the first time.
Before you begin, double-check that both the television and the soundbar are ARC compatible. If one of these devices does not support ARC, even if it has an HDMI connector, that can’t connect the two of them in any way. Some of the options listed below can assist you in resolving the HDMI ARC problem on your Vizio soundbar.
Disconnect Other HDMI Devices
Your TV may have other gadgets in addition to a soundbar. Consequently, unplug any other devices and solely connect your soundbar. The difficulty you are experiencing is mostly a CEC problem. It is possible to prevent other HDMI CEC devices from creating problems if you unplug them from the network.
Right HDMI ARC Port
Some Vizio soundbars include more than one HDMI port. Not all of them, however, are equipped to support ARC. Please double-check that you have the correct HDMI ARC port plugged in. It would be best if you double-checked everything on both ends and made sure the HDMI cable was operational. If everything else fails, you may try a different data cord.
Even though it is not vital to activate CEC, you should, however, activate CEC by selecting “Menu” from the TV’s “Main Menu.” Then, using the soundbar’s remote control, choose HDMI ARC. Execute a scan from your TV and determine whether or not the soundbar is visible on the screen.
It’s a good idea to double-check and perhaps upgrade your soundbar and television to the most recent software version. In certain cases, out-of-date software versions are also the source of connection problems. Regarding upgrades, you may seek official assistance or do a Google search.
Resetting Soundbar and TV
It is preferable to reset both devices if none of the previously mentioned solutions successfully cure your issue. You may refer to our instructions to reset the Vizio soundbar and use Google to look for your television.
After restoring the default settings on both devices, you may join them using an HDMI connection and make the necessary adjustments. It will disable any hidden settings that may be creating HDMI ARC connection difficulties in the future.
Connecting to another TV
You may connect the Vizio soundbar to another television to see if the issue is with the soundbar or the television. If the soundbar works with other televisions, your television may have issues. Either the port has been broken, or different settings are required for HDMI ARC to function properly. You should consult the owner’s handbook for your television in this instance.
Suppose these problems occur continuously and no option could be a solution for this, and your Vizio soundbar HDMI ARC is still not functioning. In that case, you may either connect using a different way or contact Vizio support for assistance with your problem. They will take care of the issue and, if feasible, will replace the soundbar with another.
Best Seller List of Vizio Sound Bars:
- Your TV craves an audio upgrade - Treat yourself – and your TV – to powerful, clear, distortion-free sound and experience your entertainment the way it was meant to be heard. 2 full-range speakers inside the sound bar deliver 95dB of high-quality sound for a next-level sonic treat. Upgrade your audio. Your TV will thank you.
- Your neighbors are going to love you - Rattle your walls with deep, rich bass down to 50Hz. The included compact wireless subwoofer is simple to set up and can be placed nearly anywhere in your room. Set it down. Plug it in. Hear – and feel – what you’ve been missing.
- It’s psychoacoustics, but you can call it magic - An optical illusion for your ears, DTS Virtual:X technology delivers the sensation of speakers placed throughout your room, above and behind you, for a sonic landscape that’s remarkably lifelike.
- Hear. Every. Word. - No need to turn it up. And down. And up again. Dialogue Mode makes it easy to understand what people are saying without you having to constantly reach for the remote.
- This bar fits right in - At just 30 inches in width, the low-profile sound bar pairs perfectly with small- to medium-sized televisions.
- Ultra-Compact 2.0 Design Experience the performance of larger, more complex home theater systems in a simple, ultra-compact solution designed fit anywhere and blend seamlessly into any environment.
- Bold Performance Experience rich, clear sound with up to 91dB of total SPL output for performance that belies its size.
- Essential Connectivity & Control Get setup and listening in seconds with the included cables plus Bluetooth connectivity for wireless streaming of your favorite music and podcasts.
- 2.0-Channel Sound Experience a powerful room-filling, true stereo experience ideal for movies, music, and gaming.
- Full-Range Speakers 2 full-range speakers in the sound bar provide rich, clear sound.
- 11 High-Performance Speakers - With separate tweeters and woofers, deliver fuller, clearer and more powerful sound.
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X - Cinematic, life-like 3D surround sound around and above you.
- 2 Upfiring Speakers - Reflect accurate overhead sound off the ceiling for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X content.
- Separate Tweeters and Woofers - True 2-way speaker design delivers pristine clarity and a wider audio range.
- Dynamic and Accurate Sound - The 103dB sound pressure level and 45Hz – 20kHz frequency range deliver high-performance sound.
- New Modern Design Angular all-in-1 design packed with performance and slides beneath your TV for a clean look.
- 6 Precisely Designed Speakers 2-way speaker design with separate tweeters and woofers create richer, clearer sound.
- Optimized for 4K HDR content with Dolby Audio Bring out the best audio performance from your 4K HDR content with Dolby Audio when connected through HDMI.
- Loud and Clear - The 98dB sound pressure level and 50Hz – 20KHz frequency range deliver dynamic and accurate Sound.
- DTS Virtual:X Enhances any content with room-filling, floor-to-ceiling virtualized 3D sound.
- Compact, versatile design – Sleek, rounded all-black finish with easy-to-clean textured surface, optimized for small-med rooms.
- DTS Virtual:X – Sound Enhancement for room-filling, floor-to-ceiling virtualized sound
- Full-Range Speakers – 2 full-range speakers in the sound bar provide coherent sound and brilliant clarity.
- 70Hz – 20kHz Frequency Response – Wide, natural frequency response means you can hear what the artist intended.
- 95dB Loudness – Experience startling dynamics with minimal distortion or compression for remarkable room-shaking sound.
Last update on 2022-08-11