Since moving into a larger space that necessitated the use of a mesh WiFi solution, I’ve been using the Eero Pro. I had been using an Xfinity phone modem-router until that point.
Because I thrive in an Apple HomeKit environment, and Eero is the only mesh router that is compatible with Apple HomeKit, I made the decision to go with them. Setup with my Xfinity internet connection was what I had in mind. My search for a specific tutorial on how to accomplish it on the Internet turned up nothing, which shocked me.
How to Connect and Does Eero Work With Xfinity?
Setup your Eero router with Xfinity internet may be accomplished in a matter of minutes using the instructions provided below.
Eero is compatible with Comcast’s Xfinity service. The Xfinity xFi wireless gateway must be bridged in order for Eero to work with the service provider. To do so, go into the admin tools at http://10.0.0.1 and enable bridge mode in the settings.
In the next step, connect an ethernet wire from the LAN port of your WiFi router to the WAN port on the Eero.
Advantages of using Eero Instead of Xfinity xFi Modem-Router
Eero is an extremely powerful mesh router for residential usage that allows for a great deal of personalization and customization. Many advantages may be gained by using it instead of the xFi modem-router combination that Xfinity supplies.
Comparing Eero to Xfinity xFi, it is clear that it provides a substantially superior connection. The mesh network that you can create in your home with many Eero beacons will almost always outperform the xFi network in terms of performance.
Despite the fact that mesh routers are more complex than traditional modem routers such as xFi, Eero is very easy to use and set up.
A great deal more flexibility and control are available with Eero than is possible with the xFi. This also prevents Xfinity from interfering with or controlling your home network in any way. If you want to utilize your Eero for gaming purposes, this degree of customization may be really beneficial.
In comparison to xFi support, Eero support is light years ahead. A large number of Eero developers are well-known to visit forums, and they can help you with practically any problem you may be experiencing with your mesh router.
How to Avoid Paying Any Rent to Xfinity?
The majority of people who use Comcast’s Xfinity xFi modem-router combination pay a monthly charge to the company, which is referred to as “rent.”
The most straightforward method to prevent this is to return the Xfinity gateway (xFi). Due to the fact that it is solely capable of routing, your Eero does not have a modem. As a result, you will need to replace your Xfinity xFi modem with a new modem to complete your installation.
I personally use the Arris Surfboard 8200 (available on Amazon), which has been running flawlessly for more than a year now and provides incredible speeds.
How to Set up Eero with Xfinity Internet?
The process of configuring Eero with Xfinity internet is simple and can be finished in a matter of minutes if you follow the instructions outlined in this article carefully.
Step 1: Log in to your Xfinity Gateway account on the Internet.
Login to the Xfinity Gateway Connect an ethernet wire from the LAN port on your Xfinity xFi router to the LAN port on your PC. To access your Xfinity gateway’s portal, go to your browser’s address bar and type 10.0.0.1 into the address bar. Once the site has loaded, enter your user name and password to proceed.
If you are unable to recall your login credentials, try using the words “admin” as your username and “password” as your password. If you are unable to identify the correct login and password on your Xfinity xFi device, you should be able to locate it on your computer.
Step 2: Select ‘Gateway at a Glance’ as your view.
On the left-hand side of the screen, just below the ‘Gateway’ menu, you should be able to discover this.
Step 3: The next step is to enable Bridge Mode on your Xfinity xFi router.
The next step is to activate bridge mode in the settings, which can be found under ‘Gateway at a Glance.’ This will limit the routing capabilities of your Xfinity gateway, allowing your Eero to do the necessary tasks.
This eliminates the possibility of a dispute arising from a double NAT, which may occur when two routers are in use at the same time. Alternatively, if you are still unsure about how to activate bridge mode, you may go to this website for more thorough instructions.
Step 4: Confirm the modifications.
If you do not do this, you will lose the benefits of the change that you have brought about. Connect the Xfinity Gateway to the Eero Nest Router Ethernet Modem (Step 5). Connect an ethernet wire from the LAN port of your Xfinity Gateway to the WAN port of your Eero router using the instructions provided.
Because they are both WAN ports on your Eero, you may connect it to any one of the ports on your Eero.
Step 5: Power cycle all of your devices to restart them.
It is necessary to restart all of your devices before you can begin using the Internet as a last step in the procedure. All of the new configurations will be able to take form and be deployed as a result of this.
Wait a few minutes for the Internet to become stable, and then you may begin using your Eero router to access the Internet.
- eero Pro router/extender - The Amazon eero Pro mesh router replaces your traditional WiFi router. A single eero Pro is a perfect start for any home and can be paired with another eero Pro or eero Beacon to quickly add coverage as needed. eero Pro is backwards compatible with 1st generation eero routers.
- Pro-grade WiFi - With the most intelligent mesh WiFi technology and powerful hardware, the eero Pro features tri-band technology making it 2x as fast as the original eero router. With two gigabit Ethernet ports, easily connect your eero Pro to your favorite devices or additional eero Pro’s for the fastest in-home speeds.
- Cutting-edge WiFi - Unlike common wireless routers and access points, eero Pro automatically updates overnight so you always have the latest security and features.
- Mesh network - Powered by proprietary TrueMesh technology, eero Pro WiFi systems leverage multiple access points to create a mesh network to provide your home with incredibly reliable internet, all on a single system.
- Quick & easy setup - Replacing your old WiFi router has never been easier than with the eero Pro router/WiFi extender. Setup takes minutes and the companion mobile app makes managing your whole-home WiFi simple and intuitive.
- WHOLE-HOME COVERAGE - The eero mesh WiFi system brings up to 4,500 sq. ft. of fast, reliable WiFi to your home.
- WORKS WITH ALEXA- With eero and an Alexa device (not included), you can easily manage wifi access for network profiles to take focus away from screens and back to what’s important.
- WORKS WITH YOUR INTERENT SERVICE PROVIDER- eero replaces your wifi router and works with most major internet service providers.
- SET UP IN MINUTES - The eero app guides you through setup and allows you to manage your network from anywhere.
- DON'T LET WIFI SLOW YOU DOWN- Get the most from your WiFi by streaming, gaming, and working across your home.
How to Add More Ethernet Ports to Your Eero Router?
You will be unable to hardwire any devices from the xFi network after you have bridged your Xfinity Gateway.
You will also see that you just have a single LAN connection left on your main Eero, which may be used to connect any devices such as your PS4, desktop computers, and so on.
Using a gigabit switch is the most straightforward solution to this problem (on Amazon). The switch will enable you to connect many devices to your router utilizing ethernet cables, which will save you time and money.
In my research, I discovered that there were no excellent, specific reviews on how to set up an Eero mesh router with Xfinity internet service.
Before I could figure out the specific steps, I had to fight with them for a while. I hope that following these instructions allows you to successfully set up your Eero with Xfinity internet.
Best Seller List of WiFi Systems:
- Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Wi-Fi - Next-gen Wi-Fi 6 AX3000 whole home mesh system to eliminate weak Wi-Fi for good(2×2/HE160 2402 Mbps plus 2×2 574 Mbps)
- Whole Home WiFi Coverage - Covers up to 6500 square feet with seamless high-performance Wi-Fi 6 and eliminate dead zones and buffering. Better than traditional WiFi booster and Range Extenders
- Connect More Devices - Deco X55(3-pack) is strong enough to connect up to 150 devices with strong and reliable Wi-Fi
- More Gigabit Ports - Each Deco X55 has 3 Gigabit Ethernet ports(9 in total for a 3-pack) and supports Wired Ethernet Backhaul for better speeds. Any of them can work as a Wi-Fi Router
- AI-Driven Mesh - Intelligently learns the network environment to provide ideal WiFi unique to your home
- A New Way to WiFi: Deco Mesh technology gives you a better WiFi experience in all directions with faster WiFi speeds and strong WiFi signal to cover your whole home.
- Bettern Coverage than traditional WiFi routers: Deco S4 three units work seamlessly to create a WiFi mesh network that can cover homes up to 5, 500 square feet. No dead zone anymore.
- Seamless and Stable WiFi Mesh: Rather than wifi range extender that need multiple network names and passwords, Deco S4 allows you to enjoy seamless roaming throughout the house, with a single network name and password.
- Incredibly fast AC1200 speeds makes the deco capable of providing connectivity for up to 100 devices.
- With advanced Deco Mesh Technology, units work together to form a unified network with a single network name. Devices automatically switch between Decos as you move through your home for the fastest possible speeds
- If you're looking to ditch your traditional router extender setup for a whole Home Wi-Fi system, put the TP-Link Deco M5 Wi-Fi system on your short list PC mag said
- Better coverage than traditional Wi-Fi routers: Deco M5 uses 3 units working seamlessly to create a mesh network that can cover homes up to 5,500 square feet. No dead zone anymore
- Seamless and Stable Wi-Fi: Rather than Wi-Fi range extender that need multiple network names and passwords, Deco M5 allows you to enjoy seamless roaming throughout the house, with a single network name and password
- TP-Link unique Adaptive routing technology automatically chooses the fastest path for every device and allows for more flexible placement than a satellite system
- Secure Wi-Fi Mesh Network: Protect your network and connected devices with a free lifetime subscription to TP-Link HomeCare featuring Next-level Antivirus, Robust Parental Controls, and QoS
- Google Wifi is a scalable flexible mesh Wifi system that blankets your home in reliable coverage and keeps buffering at bay; 1 Google Wifi point replaces your router and additional points expand your network to keep the connection fast in every room
- Google Wifi gives you whole home coverage; 1 Pack covers up to 1500 square feet and 3 Pack covers up to 4500 square feet; points work together to create a mesh network for more coverage
- Intelligently works behind the scenes to make sure your Wifi remains fast so you can stream with speed
- Simple setup in a few steps; use the Google Home app to create your network and get online in minutes
- Parental controls let you manage screen time, restrict certain kinds of adult content, and pause Wifi to specific devices on your mesh network whenever you want
- GIGABIT SPEEDS FOR LESS - Supports wifi speeds up to a gigabit, without the premium price tag. eero 6+ is our most affordable gigabit system ever. Backward-compatible with previous-generation eero devices.
- WI-FI 6 GETS A BANDWIDTH BOOST - eero 6+ supports additional wifi bandwidth on the 160 MHz radio channel (that’s just wifi talk for faster connectivity). With the eero 6+, there’s enough bandwidth for the whole family to work, stream, and video chat—all at the same time.
- CONNECTIVITY YOU CAN COUNT ON - eero 6+ gives you all the connectivity with all the reliability. So you can work from home with confidence—and say goodbye to dropped video calls. Or keep your smart home running, even when you’re away.
- EXPERIENCE THE EERO TRUEMESH DIFFERENCE - eero’s patented TrueMesh technology intelligently routes traffic to reduce drop-offs and dead spots.
- SET UP IN MINUTES - The eero app guides you through setup and allows you to manage your network from anywhere.
- A Faster Way to WiFi: Tenda Mesh technology gives you a faster WiFi experience in all directions with the fastest WiFi speeds and strong WiFi signal to cover your whole home.
- Enjoy The Best Signal in Any Corner of The House: Ideal for replacing traditional Wi-Fi extenders & routers solutions, provides up to 6,000 sq.ft. Whole Home Coverage with faster and more stable Wi-Fi mesh network, get rid of Wi-Fi dead zones.
- Seamless Roaming for All: Every unit works together for a truly seamless online experience with a single network name and password. All Wi-Fi enabled devices automatically connect to the strongest AP node when moving around your home.
- High Capacity & Complete Flexibility: Powered by MU-MIMO and Beamforming technology, fast AC1200 Dual Band Nova Mesh Wi-Fi system provides high speed Wi-Fi network for all your devices and brings lag-free experience for up to 90 devices.
- Secure Wi-Fi Mesh Network: Use WPA2-PSK to encrypt the WiFi password to protect your network and connected devices from hacker attacks. Welcome your visitors and friends with a guest network in isolated network zone, and guards your privacy and smart home access.
- Coverage up to 5,000 sq. ft. and for up to 40 devices. Extend coverage up to 2,500 sq. ft. with each additional satellite (sold separately)
- Fast AX4200 Gigabit speed with WiFi 6 technology for uninterrupted streaming, HD video gaming, and web conferencing
- Connects to your existing cable modem, and replaces your WiFi router. Compatible with any internet service provider up to 2Gbps including cable, satellite, fiber, and DSL
- Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and more with 3 Gigabit Ethernet ports on the router and 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports on the satellite
- Sets up in minutes with the Orbi App; easily manage WiFi settings, test internet speed, and monitor data usage
- 【Whole-Home Beamforming Coverage】 One set of rockspace dual-band mesh WiFi system works together to create a seamless signal coverage of up to 6000 sq. Ft, supporting up to 90 wireless devices at the same time enables this MU-MIMO mesh network system suit for a smart modern home. rockspace dual-band mesh WiFi system offers a Beamforming wireless network from the basement to the garden, even in a busy or dense network traffic
- 【True Seamless and Dual-band Mesh Technology】 Equipped with rockspace mesh technology, your home WiFi will jump to the next level of the wireless network. Enjoy the seamless and consistent connection in any corner of your house, prevent buffering, disconnection, and data packet loss during important online transmission and conferences. The combined speed of the dual-band is up to 1.2Gbps, please enable the smart assistant for a 2.4ghz signal
- 【Quick Setup and Remote Control】 The RS APP allows you to install a rockspace mesh system within 5 minutes, check and manage your home mesh network anywhere and anytime. RS APP supports multiple powerful functions including Fast Roaming, Guest Network, Parental Control, QoS, and etc. Customize your home WiFi With rockspace mesh network system
- 【Build a safer home network】 Run the RS APP and easily add devices to certain groups to control online time or pause connection for your kids, to make your children a healthy lifestyle. With the WPA2-PSK encryption, built-in firewall, and guest network, rockspace dual-band mesh WiFi system offers a security network environment for your families.
- 【Multiple Gigabit Port】 One set rockspace mesh router system equipped with 6 auto-sensing gigabit Ethernet ports, the two ports on the primary main mesh node act as respectively WAN and LAN port while the two ports on the additional mesh nodes both act as the LAN port. Multiple Ethernet ports for wired connection, efficiently reduce the signal loss for plugin computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other wired devices in your home
- WHOLE-HOME WI-FI 6 COVERAGE - an eero 6 3-pack covers up to 4,500 sq ft. with wifi and supports wifi speeds up to 500 Mbps.
- SAY GOODBYE TO DEAD SPOTS AND BUFFERING - eero’s mesh wifi technology optimizes for your space—so you can confidently stream 4K video, game, and video conference across your home.
- MORE WIFI FOR MORE DEVICES - Wi-Fi 6 supports faster wifi than prior standards and permits 75+ connected devices.
- SET UP IN MINUTES - The eero app walks you through setup and allows you to manage your network from anywhere. Plus, free customer support is available 7 days a week.
- CONNECT TO ALEXA - eero 6 doubles as a Zigbee smart home hub, making it easy to connect and control compatible devices on your network with Alexa.
- Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Wi-Fi - Next-gen Wi-Fi 6 AX1800 whole home mesh system to eliminate weak Wi-Fi for good
- Whole Home Wi-Fi Coverage - Cover up to 5800 square feet with seamless high-performance Wi-Fi 6 and eliminate dead zones and buffering Better than traditional Wi-Fi booster
- Connect More Devices - With Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Deco X20 (3-pack) is strong enough to connect up to 150 devices with strong and reliable Wi-Fi. Smartphone/Tablet Requirements: iOS 9.0 or later; Android 4.4 or later
- Easy Setup and Management - The Deco app helps you set up your network in minutes with clear visual guidance and keeps you in control even when you are not home; Works with Alexa as well Turn on or off Guest Wi-Fi by simple voice commands
- Peace of Mind with Parental Controls - Manage limit and monitor internet use with profiles that let you customize Wi-Fi access for every person and device in your home
How do I connect my Eero to my Comcast router?
An ethernet cable should be connected from the LAN port of your Xfinity by Comcast modem-router to the WAN port of your Eero router in order to connect your Xfinity by Comcast modem-router with your Eero router.
Can I use Eero with my existing router?
You may use your Eero with an existing modem router if you already have one. It is recommended that you bridge your current router before connecting it to Eero in order to prevent the occurrence of a second NAT.
How many Eero beacons can I add?
You may add an unlimited number of Eero beacons to your mesh WiFi network to increase the range of your network.
Does Eero make the Internet faster?
In my experience, Eero Pro significantly increased the speed of my gigabit internet when compared to the modem router given by my ISP.
How good is Eero WiFi?
The Eero Mesh WiFi router is a very capable device that can be used for both residential and business applications.
Increase the range of your Eero beacons to whatever extent you desire since you have the flexibility to add an endless number of them.
Do you have to pay monthly for Eero WiFi?
There are no monthly costs associated with the use of the Eero mesh WiFi router. All you have to do is pay your internet service provider (ISP) for your internet connection.
What is the difference between Eero and Eero Pro?
The most significant difference between the Eero and the Eero Pro is, in essence, the range and the number of bands available. Eero Pro has three bands, although the standard Eero only has two.
How many devices can Eero support?
A single Eero router is capable of supporting up to 128 devices without experiencing any problems.
Is Eero secure worth it?
Eero secure is a worthwhile investment for anybody who wishes to use an ad-blocker or implement search limits, among other things.
However, if you are considering subscribing to Eero safe, the improved security against hackers and dangers online is a crucial aspect to consider as well.
Last update on 2023-11-11