I like being aware of what is going on in my local vicinity. I enjoy being informed. Given that I had been a frequent user of the Xfinity Internet Service, I made the decision to fully commit to the Xfinity eco-system by enrolling in and setting up an Xfinity Home Security Service. Everything was OK when I paid for the membership.
Unfortunately, I had to relocate, and Xfinity wasn’t a large presence in the new community where I settled. This meant that I would have to switch Internet Service Providers (ISPs), but I didn’t want to give up my Xfinity Home Security System, which I had purchased earlier. I wondered if there was a way to utilize it without using the Service.
In order to determine if this was conceivable and what I would need to do in order to get it working, I went online and spent hours studying the subject.
Xfinity Home Security allows you to own the camera, allowing you to use it even if you do not have Service. Disconnect and reset all of the devices on the Xfinity Network, then connect them to your new local network so that you may begin using them without the need for Service.
Xfinity Camera Without Service
Because, according to the contract, when you purchase the Xfinity home security package, you become the owner of the camera. Therefore, this is very doable if you do not want to purchase the subscription and wish to keep your security system operational.
You may also purchase Xfinity cameras from previous owners and use them to build up your own system from the beginning. Simply connect the Xfinity camera to a network connection with all of the devices you want to use with the camera and the internet, and you’re ready to go.
The fact that the system is still relatively new means that you’ll have an advantage in the negotiation process if you acquire it pre-owned.
If you decide to cancel your membership, you have the option to retain the cameras and gadgets that came with it so that you may set up your own local system in their place.
What Can You Keep After Cancellation
It doesn’t matter if you purchased the Xfinity Home Security system from a previous owner or directly from Xfinity. You get to retain all of the Xfinity Home Security system’s equipment.
While some of the bundled services, like voice control with X1 TV service, may no longer be available, the main goal of Security is still met without the subscription.
How Do I Set Up the Xfinity Camera?
Those of us who don’t require a professionally installed and supervised system but only a high-quality camera with continuous video recording are the targets of this new Service. To begin, do a camera reset. The reset button requires the pin to be pressed to prevent unintentional resets. After pressing the reset button with the pin and waiting a few seconds, the device should be reset.
NEXT, the Y Cable connector is what you’ll need to ensure the camera is connected to the internet. Use Ethernet or Wi-Fi to connect to your home network after you’re confident the internet is working.
Xfinity cameras now have no limits on their software, which means that the preceding processes should be completely free of any problems.
Once the network is up and running, you can search up the IP addresses of each camera to configure it. The camera IP should take care of everything else, a common protocol.
Use Your Xfinity Home Security System Without Service
In order to avoid paying the cancellation charge, it is recommended that you either pay in full up advance or purchase the cable box and internet service from the prior owner.
Suppose you’re just getting started with your security setup. In that case, it’s a smart idea to retain your subscription with Xfinity for a little bit longer since their customer care is enthusiastic and responsive.
They may assist you in becoming used to the system so that you can make a smoother transition to your own personalized configuration.
Can you talk through Xfinity cameras?
Not at all. However, you may add additional devices to the network or to the places where you wish to promote conversation.
Can I use my own cameras with Xfinity Home?
It’s a popular question among Xfinity customers whether or not they may use an external camera with the Service.
It is possible to attach an external camera to the LAN port of Xfinity’s XW3 device using the camera’s ethernet connection.
Before attaching your new camera, you will need to unplug an existing camera from the system. This is necessary since the system only supports four cameras.
Does Xfinity home security require Xfinity Internet?
To utilize Xfinity’s home security system, you don’t even need an Xfinity internet connection. You may operate your home security system and any other networked device using the Xfinity Home Security System’s voice-controlled remote when paired with the Xfinity network and its High-End TV package, “X1.
Can I connect any other devices to the security network?
The following manufacturers’ products are compatible with the Xfinity App and may be added to your security network:
All Philips Hue lights are compatible with the ecobee3, ecobee3 lite, and ecobee4 thermostats (Hue Bridge required)
Lutron Caseta Wireless, Kwikset (910, 912, 914 & 916) In-Wall Smart Switch/Dimmer Switch from GE.
Best Seller List of Xfinity Cameras:
- Only Customers Eligible To Use The Xfinity Video Doorbell Are Customers Who Have; Pro Protection, Xfinity Home Secure, Pro Protection Plus, Self-Protection.
- The Xfinity Video Doorbell Is Only Available A La Carte For Professional Or Self-Installation; It Is Not Available As A Camera Swap From Any Home System Equipment Package. Certain States Have Restrictions Regarding Video Doorbell Installation.
- An Xfinity Xfi Gateway Is Required For Self Protection Customers To Use The Xfinity Video Doorbell.
- Xfinity Internet Is Required, Since The Doorbell Is Controlled Through The Xfinity App. Customers Are Limited To A Maximum Of Six Cameras And/Or Doorbells.
- If You Have Bridge Mode Enabled On Your Xfinity Xfi Gateway, You Will Be Blocked From Accessing The Xfinity App And Unable To Use Self Protection And Other Xfinity Xfi Features Such As Advanced Security And Xfi Pods.
- Monitor and stream live video of your home, from anywhere
- Control from anywhere with your smartphone, tablet or PC
- Compatible with Comporium, Xfinity, ADT, Comcast & Time Warner Security Systems
- Blink Outdoor is a wireless battery-powered HD security camera that helps you monitor your home day or night with infrared night vision.
- With long-lasting battery life, Outdoor runs for up to two years on two AA lithium batteries (included).
- Store video clips and photos in the cloud with the Blink Subscription Plan and save events locally to the Blink Sync Module 2 via a USB flash drive (sold separately).
- Outdoor is built to withstand the elements to help you protect your home inside or out, come rain or shine.
- Designed so you can set up yourself in minutes. No wiring, no professional installation required.
- Monitor the inside of your home day and night with our 1080P HD indoor plug-in smart security camera with motion detection and two-way audio.
- See, hear, and speak to people and pets in your home from your smartphone with Blink Mini’s live view and two-way audio.
- Get alerts on your smartphone whenever motion is detected or customize motion detection zones so you can see what matters most.
- Use Mini as an indoor plug-in chime for Blink Video Doorbell. Hear a real-time alert from Mini when someone presses your Video Doorbell.
- Choose to save and share clips with a free 30-day trial of the Blink Subscription Plan or locally with the Sync Module 2 (sold separately).
- See a bigger picture - The security camera has a wide 160° diagonal viewing angle lens for auto image correction and reduction of the fisheye effect to make this surveillance camera ideal for protecting medium to larger spaces
- Capture clearer details - The wireless outdoor security cameras with advanced video quality that records in clear 2K HDR footage to let you see clearer details and zoom in on moving objects with clarity
- Light up the night - Ward off unwelcome guests with the outdoor camera using the integrated spotlight. See features like faces or license plates in full color, even at night, with color night vision
- Easy wire-free setup - Wireless camera with fast setup that requires no hub or wiring; its wifi camera capability allows the home security system to connect directly to Wi-Fi for a quick setup.
- Smarter alerts, quicker action - With an Arlo Secure plan, receive smarter notifications for people, vehicles, packages, and animals so you can react quickly, right from your phone’s lock screen.
- 【Mini Size but Mighty Picture】This mini camera is not yet the size of an ID card, but brings together the functions of a normal security camera, and even more convenient to connect to a 2.4Ghz WiFi via our latest technology.
- 【Vivid Full-Color at Night】Important features like faces or license plates will be shown clearly in dark while a smart white light is lighting up at dark, which will bring you a vivid full-color night vision.
- 【Indoor & Outdoor Use】The home camera is built to withstand the elements to help you protect your home inside or out, come rain or shine. Also, its trendy look will harmonize with your home decoration style.
- 【Smart AI Detection】As well as motion or sound are detected, notifications will be sent to your mobile phone. You will catch every abnormal action to consider seeking help or just press the alarm button raising a sonorous siren in an emergency.
- 【Response Immediately】Two-way Real time talk makes it possible to hear and speak to visitors with live view. Timely telling the courier to help you put the delivery in the designated location or just communicate with strangers outdoor.
- 100% Wire-Free and Solar Powered: Argus PT runs on 2.4/5 GHz WiFi and stays fully-charged with Reolink Solar Panel which realize 100% wire-free security. With high-capacity battery, long-lasting power per charge and no worry about weather.
- Tilt & Pan and Stunning Night Vision: Argus PT can turn its head 355° horizontally and 140° vertically, which shows you everything in 4MP HD, you can see clearer night vision up to 33ft even at poor light.
- Real Smart Home Security Camera: Adopt more sensitive digital PIR motion sensor, support smart human/vehicle detection and instant alerts, event recording to micro SD card for later playback and download.
- Quick and Easy Setup: Easily mounted and installed both indoors and outdoors. With weatherproof certification, it never quits no matter in heavy rain or extreme sun. Scan the QR code with free Reolink App to get started.
- Truly Risk-free Purchase: Videos can be securely stored locally on an SD card (up to 128GB, not included). which you can access and playback anytime and anywhere via Reolink APP/Client. 2-Year Warranty ensures this will quickly become your favorite no-risk purchase. Listen and talk interactively with your beloved ones, ward off would-be burglars when off-site.
Last update on 2023-05-17