I like being aware of what is going on in my local vicinity. I enjoy being informed. Given that I had been a frequent user of the Xfinity Internet Service, I made the decision to fully commit to the Xfinity eco-system by enrolling in and setting up an Xfinity Home Security Service. Everything was OK when I paid for the membership.
Unfortunately, I had to relocate, and Xfinity wasn’t a large presence in the new community where I settled. This meant that I would have to switch Internet Service Providers (ISPs), but I didn’t want to give up my Xfinity Home Security System, which I had purchased earlier. I wondered if there was a way to utilize it without using the Service.
In order to determine if this was conceivable and what I would need to do in order to get it working, I went online and spent hours studying the subject.
Xfinity Home Security allows you to own the camera, allowing you to use it even if you do not have Service. Disconnect and reset all of the devices on the Xfinity Network, then connect them to your new local network so that you may begin using them without the need for Service.
Xfinity Camera Without Service
Because, according to the contract, when you purchase the Xfinity home security package, you become the owner of the camera. Therefore, this is very doable if you do not want to purchase the subscription and wish to keep your security system operational.
You may also purchase Xfinity cameras from previous owners and use them to build up your own system from the beginning. Simply connect the Xfinity camera to a network connection with all of the devices you want to use with the camera and the internet, and you’re ready to go.
The fact that the system is still relatively new means that you’ll have an advantage in the negotiation process if you acquire it pre-owned.
If you decide to cancel your membership, you have the option to retain the cameras and gadgets that came with it so that you may set up your own local system in their place.
It doesn’t matter if you purchased the Xfinity Home Security system from a previous owner or directly from Xfinity. You get to retain all of the Xfinity Home Security system’s equipment.
While some of the bundled services, like voice control with X1 TV service, may no longer be available, the main goal of Security is still met without the subscription.
How Do I Set Up the Xfinity Camera?
Those of us who don’t require a professionally installed and supervised system but only a high-quality camera with continuous video recording are the targets of this new Service. To begin, do a camera reset. The reset button requires the pin to be pressed to prevent unintentional resets. After pressing the reset button with the pin and waiting a few seconds, the device should be reset.
NEXT, the Y Cable connector is what you’ll need to ensure the camera is connected to the internet. Use Ethernet or Wi-Fi to connect to your home network after you’re confident the internet is working.
Xfinity cameras now have no limits on their software, which means that the preceding processes should be completely free of any problems.
Once the network is up and running, you can search up the IP addresses of each camera to configure it. The camera IP should take care of everything else, a common protocol.
Use Your Xfinity Home Security System Without Service
In order to avoid paying the cancellation charge, it is recommended that you either pay in full up advance or purchase the cable box and internet service from the prior owner.
Suppose you’re just getting started with your security setup. In that case, it’s a smart idea to retain your subscription with Xfinity for a little bit longer since their customer care is enthusiastic and responsive.
They may assist you in becoming used to the system so that you can make a smoother transition to your own personalized configuration.
Can you talk through Xfinity cameras?
Not at all. However, you may add additional devices to the network or to the places where you wish to promote conversation.
Can I use my own cameras with Xfinity Home?
It’s a popular question among Xfinity customers whether or not they may use an external camera with the Service.
It is possible to attach an external camera to the LAN port of Xfinity’s XW3 device using the camera’s ethernet connection.
Before attaching your new camera, you will need to unplug an existing camera from the system. This is necessary since the system only supports four cameras.
Does Xfinity home security require Xfinity Internet?
To utilize Xfinity’s home security system, you don’t even need an Xfinity internet connection. You may operate your home security system and any other networked device using the Xfinity Home Security System’s voice-controlled remote when paired with the Xfinity network and its High-End TV package, “X1.
Can I connect any other devices to the security network?
The following manufacturers’ products are compatible with the Xfinity App and may be added to your security network:
All Philips Hue lights are compatible with the ecobee3, ecobee3 lite, and ecobee4 thermostats (Hue Bridge required)
Lutron Caseta Wireless, Kwikset (910, 912, 914 & 916) In-Wall Smart Switch/Dimmer Switch from GE.
Best Seller List of Xfinity Cameras:
- Only Customers Eligible To Use The Xfinity Video Doorbell Are Customers Who Have; Pro Protection, Xfinity Home Secure, Pro Protection Plus, Self-Protection.
- The Xfinity Video Doorbell Is Only Available A La Carte For Professional Or Self-Installation; It Is Not Available As A Camera Swap From Any Home System Equipment Package. Certain States Have Restrictions Regarding Video Doorbell Installation.
- An Xfinity Xfi Gateway Is Required For Self Protection Customers To Use The Xfinity Video Doorbell.
- Xfinity Internet Is Required, Since The Doorbell Is Controlled Through The Xfinity App. Customers Are Limited To A Maximum Of Six Cameras And/Or Doorbells.
- If You Have Bridge Mode Enabled On Your Xfinity Xfi Gateway, You Will Be Blocked From Accessing The Xfinity App And Unable To Use Self Protection And Other Xfinity Xfi Features Such As Advanced Security And Xfi Pods.
- Monitor and stream live video of your home, from anywhere
- Control from anywhere with your smartphone, tablet or PC
- Compatible with Comporium, Xfinity, ADT, Comcast & Time Warner Security Systems
- Blink Outdoor is a wireless battery-powered HD security camera that helps you monitor your home day or night with infrared night vision.
- With long-lasting battery life, Outdoor runs for up to two years on two AA lithium batteries (included).
- Store video clips and photos in the cloud with the Blink Subscription Plan and save events locally to the Blink Sync Module 2 via a USB flash drive (sold separately).
- Outdoor is built to withstand the elements to help you protect your home inside or out, come rain or shine.
- Designed so you can set up yourself in minutes. No wiring, no professional installation required.
- 【Mini Size but Mighty Picture】This mini camera is not yet the size of an ID card, but brings together the functions of a normal security camera, and even more convenient to connect to a 2.4Ghz WiFi via our latest technology.
- 【Vivid Full-Color at Night】Important features like faces or license plates will be shown clearly in dark while a smart white light is lighting up at dark, which will bring you a vivid full-color night vision.
- 【Indoor & Outdoor Use】The home camera is built to withstand the elements to help you protect your home inside or out, come rain or shine. Also, its trendy look will harmonize with your home decoration style.
- 【Smart AI Detection】As well as motion or sound are detected, notifications will be sent to your mobile phone. You will catch every abnormal action to consider seeking help or just press the alarm button raising a sonorous siren in an emergency.
- 【Response Immediately】Two-way Real time talk makes it possible to hear and speak to visitors with live view. Timely telling the courier to help you put the delivery in the designated location or just communicate with strangers outdoor.
- Monitor the inside of your home day and night with our 1080P HD indoor plug-in smart security camera with motion detection and two-way audio.
- See, hear, and speak to people and pets in your home from your smartphone with Blink Mini’s live view and two-way audio.
- Get alerts on your smartphone whenever motion is detected or customize motion detection zones so you can see what matters most.
- Use Mini as an indoor plug-in chime for Blink Video Doorbell. Hear a real-time alert from Mini when someone presses your Video Doorbell.
- Choose to save and share clips with a free 30-day trial of the Blink Subscription Plan or locally with the Sync Module 2 (sold separately).
- 【Smart Human Detection & Instant Alerts 】When there is a movement, your wireless video doorbell camera will send you real-time alerts and automatically record videos. In your doorbell settings, you have the options to detect only human, and avoid false alerts. Know sooner, react faster, feel safer.
- 【100% Wire-free & Stable Wi-Fi Connection】 EKEN WIFI doorbell camera uses rechargeable batteries for power, and 2.4G WIFI for internet. The 100% wire-free design makes it super easy to install your door camera and saves you from cable hassle. Built-in upgraded WIFI chip provides stronger WIFI signal and more stable WIFI connection. (Works only with 2.4Ghz WIFI. 5Ghz WIFI is not supported)
- 【HD Live View & 2-Way Audio】 See what is happening at your door though your wireless doorbell camera wherever you are and whenever you want to. You can have a real-time video talk with whoever shows up at your door. The smart camera doorbell sound is synched with the video, which gives you crystal-clear conversation. Chat with your visitors or talk the strangers away, hold ease and safety in your hand.
- 【IR Night Vision & IP65 Weather Resistance】 This WIFI video doorbell will be there for you day or night, rain or shine. The video doorbell is certified for IP65 dustproof and waterproof, with the ability to stand the rain, sun, heat or chill. There are 6 infrared lights and intelligent IR sensor built-in around the doorbell camera, which allow you to have a clear view at night and in other low-light conditions.
- 【Multi-user Sharing & Indoor Chime included】 Share your doorbell camera with your family, so that everyone can get alerts and live view. You can share the camera doorbell to up to 8 other accounts, so that you can guard your home together. There is also an indoor chime included. When someone rings your video doorbell, you will hear the door bell ringing when you are home. It is neatly designed, small, and super easy to pair.
- Ready to protect right out of the box. Just plug in the base station, place your sensors, plug in your Simplicam and start protecting your home in minutes - no tools required.
- Optional 24/7 professional monitoring and cloud recording with police, fire & medical dispatch starting at 60c/day - No contracts (SimpliSafe products and professional monitoring services are only offered for sale and supported in the US)
- Sound the alarm. Pioneering signal burst technology that is powerful enough to cover homes of every size, with up to 1000 ft. range - no extender needed.
- The SimpliCam security camera lets you see what’s happening at home anytime from your phone, tablet or computer and comes with a built-in stainless steel shutter for complete control over privacy.
- Motion sensors detect motion within 30 feet, has a 90 degree field of vision and gets along great with pets under 50lbs. Perfect for full range coverage when placed in a corner.
- Stay Connected to your home with phone and PC: Download LaView app from Google Store and APP Store and view 24/7 live stream on your mobile phone anytime, anywhere. Live stream access through web browser for your camera. 9 live feeds maximum simultaneously on one page.
- Wired Wi-Fi Cameras 1080P & HD Night Vision: 2.1-megapixel resolution always brings you a clear live view of your home. Advanced IR night vision up to 33 ft. For extreme low light coverage, ensuring your high-quality view of your home even in the dark. Compatible with 2.4GHz WiFI network. (5Ghz not supported)
- Motion Detection & Clear Two-way audio: An indoor home security camera with instant motion detection is necessary and important for our life. Live streaming 24/7 with real-time motion. Smart programmable motion detection has intelligent motion alerts feature, you can receive message alerts on your phone. Listen and talk to family or children with built-in noise-cancellation mic and speaker.
- Stylish and fit for most scenes & Smart LaView Home App: The camera can be installed anywhere such as the living room, kitchen, and office. Space efficient design helps you acquire a wider view angel. Buy Four cameras for separate rooms and save more. Allows sharing your camera with up to 20 family members or friends, and view multiple cameras on a single account.
- US server cloud, Privacy protection, Life-time technical support: This indoor security camera supports Cloud Storage and Built-in microSD slot. The server located in the US, the server can avoid the risk of losing video clips. No one could access to recorded videos in the camera without logging in your APP account. lifetime after-customer service from the date of purchase; Online phone calls service from Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm PDT; 24/7 online after-sales email service!
- 4K ULTRA HD & 5X OPTICAL ZOOM: Boasting an ultra-high clarity of 4K Ultra HD, which is 1.6X sharper than the 5MP cameras, this camera could also deliver stunning 8MP full-color night vision. The 5X optical zoom also allows you to zoom in for more details and zoom out for a broader view.
- SMART DETECTION & AUTO TRACKING: Advanced person/vehicle detection based on leading-edge detection algorithms helps to identify true threats and filter playbacks accordingly. It also tracks the moving targets automatically and keeps an eye on suspicious activities for you.
- TIME LAPSE & FLEXIBLE RECORDING OPTIONS: Start to shoot time-lapse videos to view the changes of a day in minutes or seconds. 24/7, scheduled, or motion-activated recordings can all be saved to a micro SD card (up to 256GB, not included), Reolink NVR or the FTP server.
- MULTIPLE ALARM METHODS: Once the cam detects something abnormal, the built-in siren and spotlights can be triggered while two-way talk permits you to give a warning to suspicious people. Instant push notifications and email alerts allow you to deter the uninvited immediately.
- DAILY PATROL WITH PRESET POINTS: With the 360° pan & 90° tilt capability, this 4K PTZ PoE camera can focus on minor details in hidden corners. Supporting 64 preset points in total, it could patrol up to 16 preset points at a time as the daily routine then back to its guard point.
Last update on 2023-01-15