I like being aware of what is going on in my local vicinity. I enjoy being informed. Given that I had been a frequent user of the Xfinity Internet Service, I made the decision to fully commit to the Xfinity eco-system by enrolling in and setting up an Xfinity Home Security Service. Everything was OK when I paid for the membership.
Unfortunately, I had to relocate, and Xfinity wasn’t a large presence in the new community where I settled. This meant that I would have to switch Internet Service Providers (ISPs), but I didn’t want to give up my Xfinity Home Security System, which I had purchased earlier. I wondered if there was a way to utilize it without using the Service.
In order to determine if this was conceivable and what I would need to do in order to get it working, I went online and spent hours studying the subject.
Xfinity Home Security allows you to own the camera, allowing you to use it even if you do not have Service. Disconnect and reset all of the devices on the Xfinity Network, then connect them to your new local network so that you may begin using them without the need for Service.
Xfinity Camera Without Service
Because, according to the contract, when you purchase the Xfinity home security package, you become the owner of the camera. Therefore, this is very doable if you do not want to purchase the subscription and wish to keep your security system operational.
You may also purchase Xfinity cameras from previous owners and use them to build up your own system from the beginning. Simply connect the Xfinity camera to a network connection with all of the devices you want to use with the camera and the internet, and you’re ready to go.
The fact that the system is still relatively new means that you’ll have an advantage in the negotiation process if you acquire it pre-owned.
If you decide to cancel your membership, you have the option to retain the cameras and gadgets that came with it so that you may set up your own local system in their place.
It doesn’t matter if you purchased the Xfinity Home Security system from a previous owner or directly from Xfinity. You get to retain all of the Xfinity Home Security system’s equipment.
While some of the bundled services, like voice control with X1 TV service, may no longer be available, the main goal of Security is still met without the subscription.
How Do I Set Up the Xfinity Camera?
Those of us who don’t require a professionally installed and supervised system but only a high-quality camera with continuous video recording are the targets of this new Service. To begin, do a camera reset. The reset button requires the pin to be pressed to prevent unintentional resets. After pressing the reset button with the pin and waiting a few seconds, the device should be reset.
NEXT, the Y Cable connector is what you’ll need to ensure the camera is connected to the internet. Use Ethernet or Wi-Fi to connect to your home network after you’re confident the internet is working.
Xfinity cameras now have no limits on their software, which means that the preceding processes should be completely free of any problems.
Once the network is up and running, you can search up the IP addresses of each camera to configure it. The camera IP should take care of everything else, a common protocol.
Use Your Xfinity Home Security System Without Service
In order to avoid paying the cancellation charge, it is recommended that you either pay in full up advance or purchase the cable box and internet service from the prior owner.
Suppose you’re just getting started with your security setup. In that case, it’s a smart idea to retain your subscription with Xfinity for a little bit longer since their customer care is enthusiastic and responsive.
They may assist you in becoming used to the system so that you can make a smoother transition to your own personalized configuration.
Can you talk through Xfinity cameras?
Not at all. However, you may add additional devices to the network or to the places where you wish to promote conversation.
Can I use my own cameras with Xfinity Home?
It’s a popular question among Xfinity customers whether or not they may use an external camera with the Service.
It is possible to attach an external camera to the LAN port of Xfinity’s XW3 device using the camera’s ethernet connection.
Before attaching your new camera, you will need to unplug an existing camera from the system. This is necessary since the system only supports four cameras.
Does Xfinity home security require Xfinity Internet?
To utilize Xfinity’s home security system, you don’t even need an Xfinity internet connection. You may operate your home security system and any other networked device using the Xfinity Home Security System’s voice-controlled remote when paired with the Xfinity network and its High-End TV package, “X1.
Can I connect any other devices to the security network?
The following manufacturers’ products are compatible with the Xfinity App and may be added to your security network:
All Philips Hue lights are compatible with the ecobee3, ecobee3 lite, and ecobee4 thermostats (Hue Bridge required)
Lutron Caseta Wireless, Kwikset (910, 912, 914 & 916) In-Wall Smart Switch/Dimmer Switch from GE.
Best Seller List of Xfinity Cameras:
- Only Customers Eligible To Use The Xfinity Video Doorbell Are Customers Who Have; Pro Protection, Xfinity Home Secure, Pro Protection Plus, Self-Protection.
- The Xfinity Video Doorbell Is Only Available A La Carte For Professional Or Self-Installation; It Is Not Available As A Camera Swap From Any Home System Equipment Package. Certain States Have Restrictions Regarding Video Doorbell Installation.
- An Xfinity Xfi Gateway Is Required For Self Protection Customers To Use The Xfinity Video Doorbell.
- Xfinity Internet Is Required, Since The Doorbell Is Controlled Through The Xfinity App. Customers Are Limited To A Maximum Of Six Cameras And/Or Doorbells.
- If You Have Bridge Mode Enabled On Your Xfinity Xfi Gateway, You Will Be Blocked From Accessing The Xfinity App And Unable To Use Self Protection And Other Xfinity Xfi Features Such As Advanced Security And Xfi Pods.
- Monitor and stream live video of your home, from anywhere
- Control from anywhere with your smartphone, tablet or PC
- Compatible with Comporium, Xfinity, ADT, Comcast & Time Warner Security Systems
- EXTENDED WIRELESS COVERAGE: Adds Wi-Fi range coverage up to 1000 sq ft, and connects up to 15 devices such as laptops, smartphones, speakers, IP cameras, tablets, IoT devices, and more..Connectivity protocol:Ethernet,Wi-Fi
- AC750 WI-FI SPEED: Provides up to 750Mbps performance using dual-band and patented FastLane(TM) technology.
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: Works with any wireless router, gateway, or cable modem with Wi-Fi.
- WIRED ETHERNET PORT: Simply plug in game consoles, streaming players, or other nearby wired devices using the one 10/100M port for maximum speed.
- SAFE & SECURE: Supports WEP and WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols.
- 1080P App Camera - This mini App camera has an image quality of 1080P, which is lightweight and easy to carry. The built-in battery can support 4H continuous operation, and it can work continuously when connected to a mobile power source. The HD camera remote operation through a dedicated app.
- Motion Sensor-the hidden camera for homw with upgraded motion sensor, you can now manually set the sensor sensitivity on the app. Once motion is identified, you will receive an instant push notification with an image and can log into the app to see what's happening from remote home camera.
- Night Vision - The wireless spy camera The device to capture images in complete darkness. Most suspicious activities happen at night and this indoor camera can be arranged accordingly.
- Mini Camera advantage - The perfect mini wifi camera to protect your home and important people. With a quick free app download, you can enjoy instant feedback from wireless camera from anywhere.
- Easy to Use - Set up in minutes turn on the indoor smart HD nanny/pet/dog camera, connect to wifi and add it to the application. Designed for you to set up easily. No wiring required, no complicated installation.
- Monitor the inside of your home day and night with our 1080P HD indoor plug-in smart security camera with motion detection and two-way audio.
- See, hear, and speak to people and pets in your home from your smartphone with Blink Mini’s live view and two-way audio.
- Get alerts on your smartphone whenever motion is detected or customize motion detection zones so you can see what matters most.
- Use Mini as an indoor plug-in chime for Blink Video Doorbell. Hear a real-time alert from Mini when someone presses your Video Doorbell.
- Choose to save and share clips with a free 30-day trial of the Blink Subscription Plan or locally with the Sync Module 2 (sold separately).
- 【4MP High Definition Clarity】: Enjoy crystal-clear visuals with the 4MP high-definition resolution, delivering sharp and detailed images for accurate monitoring and enhanced home security.
- 【Intelligent Alerts for Enhanced Security】: T1's smart AI motion detection distinguishes between people, pets, and vehicles, triggering instant alerts and notifications to your smartphone, keeping you informed and in control.】
- 【Nighttime Surveillance, Full Color Delight】: With advanced Starlight Sensor technology, Rraycom's mini indoor security cameras provide clear and colorful night vision, illuminating your surroundings in environments up to 25 times darker than standard cameras,allowing you to see vivid details and accurately monitor your home 24/7.
- 【Your Voice-Activated Guardian】: Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant, T1 seamlessly integrates into your smart home ecosystem, enabling easy voice control and effortless access to live footage from anywhere,making your smart home even smarter. Please note that T1 is designed for indoor use only and is not waterproof.
- 【Flexible Storage Options&Playback】: Choose the storage option that suits your needs with T1 WIFI indoor security camera. It supports both cloud storage, providing convenient access to your recordings anytime, anywhere, and local storage on SD cards, offering offline playback flexibility.And you can view the plaback through APP（IOS/Android,Pad,even in PC).
Last update on 2023-09-26