Last week, I moved into my new downtown apartment after a brief stay in a cramped studio. The router previously covered my neighbor’s apartment in my living room.
Even in my bedroom, I couldn’t get to it. Because my social life depended on it, I had to obtain an extender right now. Wi-Fi extenders compatible with my ISP’s network were the focus of my weekend research.
According to every one of my informants, the xFi Pods were the only viable option. As part of their service, Xfinity provides these extenders, which build a mesh network. They may be rented or purchased.
To configure your xFi Pods, open the Xfinity app and press More. Add a device, then choose xFi Pods from the list under Xfinity Devices. Follow the on-screen directions until the end. As a result, your extender is now ready to use.
All you need is a smartphone, an xFi Pod, and an active Wi-Fi connection to get started. Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your smartphone. Check to see if your Xfinity Wi-Fi keeps dropping out.
After that, go to the Playstore or App Store and download the Xfinity app. Decide where you want to put your pods before you begin. They should be placed between the router/gateway and the new location where the network will be extended.
Remove any metallic objects from the area surrounding the Pods to avoid signal interference. Also, if the Pod is directly linked to the Gateway, you’ll have a more resilient network than if it’s connected to another Pod.
The distance between the Pod and the doorway should not exceed 30 meters. Let’s get down to the nitty-gritty now. Use your Xfinity ID to log into the app, then follow these instructions:
- The Accounts icon is located on the Overview tab’s left-hand side. Make a little swiping motion with your finger.
- Activate xFi Pods from the Devices menu.
- The bottom of your Pod may have one or two ports. Make sure you choose the correct Pod option.
- Take the first step by clicking the Get Started button.
Pods may be activated:
- Plug the Pod into an electrical socket.
- When you click Next, you’ll be advised where to position the Pod. Pod
- Make sure that your phone is at least six inches away from the Pod. The Pod and your Gateway will now be connected through the Xfinity app.
- Plugin the remainder of your pods in the same way so, When you’re finished, click on All Pods Ready to Go! to finish the process. Pods will be visible as soon as they become online.
- Pods should be named according to where they are located in order to make it easier to identify them. Make sure your phone is within 6 inches of the Pod you’ve selected. You’ll be asked to provide a name before you begin. After you’ve confirmed it, do so.
- Once you’ve completed naming all of the Pods, tap Back to Overview to return to the list of pods.
The Gateway and all of your Pods are now shown on the Overview tab. First, check to see whether your Pod’s light is on.
If you see this message, it means your Pod has been turned on. A problem with your xFi Gateway might be the cause of this error message. If your xFi modem router is flashing green, it indicates that it is having trouble connecting to the Internet.
You should be able to cover all of your home’s Wi-Fi dead spots with three Pods. You’re now ready to broadcast or play games from any room in your home.
They do indeed. Extending the range of your wireless network to span your whole house is possible using Wi-Fi extenders. Due to their ability to take up and disseminate the signal, this is why.
Xfinity routers aren’t compatible with all Wi-Fi extenders on the market, so do your research before buying one. You can’t go wrong with this Pod. Nevertheless, if you’re looking for alternatives, you must first verify compatibility.
Check to make sure your router’s security and protocols are compatible with the extender’s security and protocols. There is a link to it in the instruction manual or on the Internet. Avoid inexpensive extenders since they need direct connections to the Gateway.
Do xFi Pods Work Well?
You may increase the range of your Wireless Access Point by using xFi Pods. You can use these to build up a mesh network since they come in a three-pack and can simultaneously be used as satellites and nodes.
The xFi Pods function nicely with a home network if you already have an Xfinity Cable Box and Internet-connected. The xFi app or web portal makes it simple to set up with your xFi Gateway, so you don’t have to deal with running wires.
The app has a wide range of features, including the ability to identify and manage your xFi Pods. No internet connection can produce speeds greater than the 2nd Generation 2x xFi Pods’ 500mbps maximum throughput. While using these services, a modest reduction in download speeds or some packet loss is possible.
What Wi-Fi Extender Works Best with Comcast?
Some of the finest Comcast-compatible extenders are made by TP-Link, Eero Pro, Netgear, and Linksys. The choice of the router must be compatible with the device you want to purchase. When making a decision, here is a list of things to consider:
- This is a no-brainer: a strong signal and wide coverage are essential. The signal should be amplified and transmitted to a greater region with the help of the extender.
- Check that the extension works with the most common routers on the market to be sure. Even if you have to change your router for whatever reason, you can still utilize your extension.
- There are usually two frequencies supported by routers: 2.4GHz and 5GHz. It’s best to utilize the 5GHz band for streaming movies or playing online games since newer gadgets use it. It’s important to see whether your extension can handle signals of both frequencies.
Do not connect your Pods through their Ethernet connector on the bottom of the device directly to your compatible xFi Gateway, but rather into a working electrical outlet. The Pods communicate with the Gateway wirelessly. If one of your Pods is directly linked to the Gateway, you will be unable to activate it.
However, it is also conceivable that you have Wi-Fi and no internet connection.
Yes, but make sure to check for compatibility again. If you haven’t before. Xfinity-enabled Wi-Fi extender Netgear EX3700 is one of the most well regarded.
In order to extend the range of the signal, xFi Pods pick up the signal and broadcast it. There is no change in speeds when connectivity is disrupted, or many pods must be crossed in order to reach a certain gateway.
As much as 800 square feet, or 3-4 bedrooms, may be covered by the xFi Pods.