Have you just purchased a Vizio Soundbar and a Samsung TV and are unsure how to link the two devices? It might be perplexing at times, but it is difficult if you follow the appropriate procedures.
HDMI and optical cables are the two most reliable and recommended options for connecting a soundbar to a television. HDMI outperforms optical in terms of quality among these two options.
The fact is that both of these are superior to analog (commonly known as red and white wires) since analog is unable to transmit high-resolution audio signals. Using red and white wires would not be a good learning experience.
Today, we will only cover two ways of connecting your Vizio Soundbar and Samsung TV: using an HDMI cable and an optical cable. Today, we will only cover two ways of connecting your Vizio Soundbar and Samsung TV: using an HDMI cable and an optical cable.
Connecting Vizio Soundbar To Samsung TV Using HDMI ARC
It would be best to use HDMI ARC to connect your Soundbar to your television, which you can find here. That may use a single remote to manage both the Vizio Soundbar and the Samsung TV linked through HDMI Advanced Remote Control (ARC) (Samsung TV Remote).
Follow the procedures outlined below to establish a connection between a Vizio Soundbar and a Samsung TV.
- Purchase an HDMI cable.
- Your Vizio soundbar has an HDMI port, so connect the other end of the HDMI cable to it and the other end to a computer.
- That should plug the other end of the cable into the HDMI port on your Samsung television.
- Turn on both your Vizio soundbar and your Samsung TV simultaneously.
- Choose HDMI as the input source on your Vizio Soundbar by tapping the “Input” button.
- Additionally, switch the audio output on your Samsung television to HDMI.
- Check to see whether the sound comes via the Soundbar when you play anything.
Troubleshooting The HDMI Connection
If you still don’t hear any sound from your Vizio soundbar after following the instructions above, you may need to adjust one more option on the device.
Navigate to the TV Settings menu, then to the Sound Settings menu. Continue to the bottom of the sound settings page and choose the Expert settings. Change the HDMI and Digital Audio Output settings to PCM under the Expert options.
Following the modification of this option, you will hear sound emanating from your Vizio soundbar. If this is not the case, check the audio source and audio output on your Vizio soundbar and Samsung TV, respectively, for problems.
Connecting Vizio Soundbar To Samsung TV With Optical Cable
Some people use the terms “Toslink cable” or “fiber optic cable” to refer to the optical cable. Following the HDMI connection, it is the second-best technique for connecting your Vizio Soundbar to your Samsung TV.
Connecting an HDMI device is almost comparable to this process. Follow the procedures outlined below to connect your Vizio Soundbar to your Samsung TV via an optical cable.
- Purchase an optical cable.
- A plastic cover protects the majority of it. As a result, be sure to get rid of it.
- Connect one end of the wire to the “Optical Port” on the back of your Samsung television. That might cover this port to prevent dust from entering. As a result, double-check that the cable is correctly connected.
- Connect the second end of the Optical Cable to the same connector on the Soundbar as you used to connect the first.
- Turn on both your Vizio Soundbar and your Samsung TV simultaneously.
- Select Optical as the input method by pressing the “Input” button on your Soundbar’s remote and pressing “OK.”
- To turn off the TV speakers, go to the “Menu” and then choose “Audio,” where you will find “TV Speakers.” Turn them off.
- Change the “Digital Audio Out” setting to Bitstream or Dolby Digital from the same Audio Settings menu choice as before.
- Examine if audio is being played via your Vizio Soundbar while anything is being shown on your Samsung TV.
Troubleshooting The Optical Cable Connection
The same option that we toggled for the HDMI connection must be toggled for the Vizio Soundbar if you cannot hear sound from your Vizio Soundbar and it is either not playing or playing via the TV speakers when they are switched on from the settings.
Change the “Digital Audio Output” and “HDMI” settings on your Samsung TV to PCM by going to the “Expert Settings” menu.
After making these adjustments, the sound from your Vizio soundbar will almost certainly begin to play.
These were the two most effective approaches for connecting your Vizio Soundbar to your Samsung television. Other choices, such as the RCA cable and Bluetooth, are also accessible to you. You may also use one of the following ways if necessary.