FiOS On Demand service lets you watch a variety of shows on your TV, PC, or your laptop. While the service is convenient when you want to be able to watch shows on different devices, it is not the most reliable service.
Problems with your FiOS On Demand service are not uncommon; one day, it is working fine, and the next day you keep seeing error messages on your screen. Calling a service agent every few days is not only bothersome but takes up a lot of time as well.
When I started noticing that I was facing this issue quite frequently, I scoured the internet for some clues. Finding all the information I needed was challenging since different bits were scattered across various pages. Hence, I compiled these helpful tips in one place.
The easiest way to fix your FiOS On Demand service not working is to reboot your router or check for some common issues which interrupt On Demand service. Continue reading to learn how to resolve these issues.
Reasons for Service Loss on Your Fios TV
The most common reason for FiOS On Demand not working is connectivity issues. Your FiOS set-top box is the controller for your FiOS connection. Hence, any loose cables, issues with configuration, or network disruptions cause issues with your On-demand service.
If your network is congested or there is a network outage, your FiOS On Demand services will not work. Usually, if there is a disruption in connectivity for other reasons, resetting your connection can help resolve it in a few minutes.
In some cases, the issue may be with the FiOS network itself when there is scheduled maintenance. However, you should receive prior notice when service interruptions are predicted.
How To Troubleshoot Your Fios On Demand Not Working
It’s normal to have problems with your on-demand service now and then; however, it is usually quite easy to fix on your own.
Easy Fix: Turning Your Router On and Off
The easiest way to fix any issues you may be having with your On Demand service is to reboot your router. Here is what you can do:
- For at least 30 seconds, unplug your router.
- Plug your router back in and start your On Demand program again
Set-top Box: Common Cause for Disruption
Sometimes the connection to your set-top box may get interrupted, which can cause issues. Hence, before you try anything else, try rebooting your FiOS set-top box.
- Switch off and unplug your set-top box for at least 15 seconds
- Plug your set-top box back in and wait for the time to appear in front of the set-top box
- Please turn it on; your issue should be resolved.
Checklist: Common Issues to Check
Generally, rebooting your router will get your On Demand service to work again. However, sometimes the problem may be caused by some other issue.
To detect and fix issues, you can refer to the checklist below, which lists some of the common issues that may cause issues with your FiOS On Demand:
- Check your router and ensure that your connections are stable.
- Check your set-top box, especially the coaxial cable, to ensure it isn’t loose.
- Ensure that the operating firmware for your set-top box is up to date.
- If you are using a Network Interface Module, make sure that the device is plugged in correctly and all connections are stable.
- Ensure that you have permission to view the On-Demand program you are trying to watch.
- If you are using a VoIP router, ensure that the router leased by Verizon is connected first. Connecting Verizon’s router first is crucial to ensure that your On Demand service and your Internet connection function seamlessly. If the Verizon router is not connected first, it can significantly degrade your internet connection and On-Demand service.
- Ensure that you are not facing severe connectivity issues such as network congestion or outage.
For some On Demand programs, you will need a VIP subscription. Not having the subscription might be why FiOS on Demand isn’t working.
1. Does FIOS require a box for each TV?
Currently, FiOS requires a set-top box for each TV you want to connect.
2. Is there a FiOS app for Firestick?
Currently, FiOS and Firestick are not compatible, and there is no official FiOS app.
3. Can I buy my own FiOS set-top box?
Currently, you can only get a FiOS set-top box on lease.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.