I like keeping my home spotless. Owning a Roomba really has checked this off my to-do list. I also enjoy the fact that I don’t have to waste hours physically monitoring the cleaning process. But sometimes, the robot vacuum needs some help from my side.
After having my Roomba clean my home for the past few years, I have come across all sorts of error messages that I had to fix. Whether it is because my Roomba got stuck somewhere or needs the brush cleaned, I have seen it all. Error Code 8 is a common error you can get with your Roomba, and it has some easy fixes.
The motor and filter on your Roomba have stopped functioning, as indicated by error code 8. To resolve error code 8, empty the bin and unclog the filter to restore functionality. A charging error 8 means that your Roomba’s battery isn’t charging.
What does Roomba Charging Error 8 Mean?
When your Roomba encounters an error, the light ring around the Clean button will glow red, and an error message will be played. Error Code 8 can be either an operational error or a charging error.
A Roomba cleans with the help of a motor and a filter. You will encounter an error code 8 when the motor can’t spin and the filter gets clogged. The motor is responsible for cleaning up the dirt your Roomba encounters. If the motor’s broken, the dust won’t get sucked in.
The filter makes sure that the dust that is sucked in is filtered and passes the dust to the bin. You can also come across a charging error 8. This error indicates that the battery is not charging. More specifically, your Roomba battery cant connect to the Lithium-Ion battery.
Fixing Error Code 8 on Roomba
To fix the issue, follow the steps given:
- You will see a bin release icon on the back of the robot. Remove the bin by pressing on the icon.
- To empty the bin, open the bin door by pressing the bin door release button, identified by a bin icon.
- On the left side of the bin, you will see the filter. Remove it by taking hold of the filter on either side.
- Shake off the dirt clogged on the filter in your trash bin.
- Place the filter back on.
- Secure the bin into the bin slot.
With a charging error 8, make sure of the following:
- Ensure that you are using a genuine iRobot battery. Using counterfeit batteries can lead to the battery not getting charged.
- Verify that you are charging your Roomba at room temperature.
- Ensure that your Roomba is not getting charged near any heating device.
Other Error Codes You Can Encounter
There are various other error codes you can encounter with your Roomba. I will give you an idea about what each of these means.
- Roomba Error 1
Roomba Error 1 indicates that the left wheel of the Roomba is not in the correct position.
- Roomba Error 2
Roomba Error 2 indicates that the multi-surface rubber brushes are unable to spin.
- Roomba Error 5
Roomba Error 5 indicates that the right wheel of your Roomba is not working.
- Roomba Error 6
Roomba Error 6 indicates that your Roomba has encountered a surface it cannot move over, such as an obstacle.
- Roomba Error 7
Roomba Error 7 indicates that the wheels of your Roomba are stuck.
- Roomba Error 9
Roomba Error 9 indicates that the bumper is jammed with debris or is stuck.
- Roomba Error 10
Roomba Error 10 indicates that your Roomba cleaner is unable to move due to either an obstacle or something lodged on the underside of the cleaner.
- Roomba Error 11
Roomba Error 11 indicates that the motor is not working.
- Roomba Error 14
Roomba Error 14 indicates that your Roomba is unable to sense the presence of the bin.
- Roomba Error 15
Roomba Error 15 indicates that there is an internal communication error.
- Roomba Error 16
Roomba Error 16 indicates that the bumper is not in the correct position.
- Roomba Error 17
Roomba Error 17 indicates that your Roomba has entered an unknown area.
- Roomba Error 18
Roomba Error 18 indicates that your Roomba was unable to dock onto the home base after completing the cleaning process. You’ll often find that when you get this error code, the Clean Button Stops Working.
- Charging Error 1
Charging Error 1 indicates that the battery has been disconnected or that your Roomba cannot sense its presence.
- Charging Error 2
Charging Error 2 indicates that your Roomba isn’t able to charge itself. It is a common error code that appears when your Roomba’s not Charging.
- Charging Error 5
Charging Error 5 indicates that the charging system is unable to function properly.
- Charging Error 7
Charging Error 7 indicates that your Roomba cannot charge due to the temperature being too hot or too cold.
Your Roomba saves you a lot of time. If you’ve assigned your Roomba a path, you can rest assured that the path will stay spotless. Encountering errors might seem worrying, but it’s just your Roomba’s way of communicating with you.
I have walked you through how to fix the Roomba Error Code 8. Now, whenever you get this message, it is no reason to panic as you know exactly what to do.
You have also seen what other error codes mean, which I hope has helped you understand your Roomba a lot better.
Best Seller List of Roomba Robots:
- MORE THOUGHTFUL THAN YOU THOUGHT - The Roomba 694 takes vacuuming off your mind with personalized cleaning suggestions powered by the unique intelligence of IRobot OS. Learns your habits and your routines..Runtime : 90 minutes
- 3-STAGE CLEANING POWER - The 3-Stage Cleaning system lifts dirt, dust and debris from carpets and hard floors while an Edge-Sweeping brush takes care of corners and edges. Auto-Adjust Cleaning Head automatically adapts its height to effectively clean carpets & hard floors.
- FOCUSED CLEANING YOU CAN COUNT ON - IRobot's Patented Dirt Detect Technology allows the Roomba 694 robot vacuum to detect dirtier areas of your home and clean them more thoroughly.
- DON'T LET MESSES MESS WITH YOUR SCHEDULE - Simply use the IRobot Home App or your voice assistant to tell the Roomba 694 robot to vacuum and consider it done.
- A FULL SUITE OF ADVANCED SENSORS - You don’t have to worry about Roomba 694 Series Robot Vacuum getting around your home to get the job done: A full suite of advanced sensors allow this robot to navigate under and around furniture, and along edges, while Cliff Detect keeps it from falling down stairs.
- OUR BEST PICKUP PERFORMANCE. The super-powered Roomba j9+ sucks up dust & debris better than any other robot vacuum plus has 100% stronger suction* so you can focus on...not cleaning. *Compared to Roomba Combo i Series robots
- FIRST-OF-ITS-KIND DIRT DETECTIVE INTELLIGENCE. Dirt Detective learns from cleaning history so your robot can automatically prioritize rooms, adjust suction, and the number of cleaning passes.
- KNOWS WHAT TO CLEAN AND WHAT TO AVOID. Roomba Combo j9+ robot uses iRobot OS and PrecisionVision Navigation to recognize and avoid common objects in its way like cords, pet waste, socks and shoes.
- PET MESSES HAPPEN. P.O.O.P. (Pet Owner Official Promise)* means your Roomba j9+ robot vacuum will steer clear of your pet’s waste. If it doesn’t, we'll replace your robot for free. *Additional terms and conditions apply – see iRobot website for full details.
- EMPTIES ITS BIN, SO CLEANING IS OFF YOUR MIND. Cleans up after itself, emptying its Vacuum Bin into an advanced bag that holds up to 60 days of debris, which means two whole months of not thinking about vacuuming.
- CLEAN SMARTER - Sleek, premium design complements your home décor; The Roomba 692 is a great way to begin cleaning your home smarter. Just schedule it to clean up daily dirt, dust, and debris with the iRobot HOME app or your voice assistant..Runtime : 90 minutes
- LOOSENS, LIFTS, AND SUCTIONS - The 3 Stage Cleaning system and Dual Multi-Surface brushes grab dirt from carpets and hard floors, an Edge-Sweeping brush takes care of corners and edges.
- LEARNS YOUR LIFE LISTENS TO YOUR VOICE - Learns your cleaning habits to offer up personalized schedules, while Google Assistant and Alexa allow you to start cleaning with just the sound of your voice.
- ADAPTIVE NAVIGATION - A full suite of advanced sensors allow Roomba to navigate under and around furniture, and along edges. Cliff Detect keeps it from falling down stairs.
- SENSES AND ELIMINATES DIRT - Dirt Detect Sensors alert your robot about dirtier areas of your home, like high-traffic spots, and cleans them more thoroughly.
- CLEANS UP AFTER YOU, AND ITSELF - Forget about vacuuming for months at a time with the CLEAN BASE Automatic Dirt Disposal that allows the i3+ to empty itself for up to 60 days. AllergenLock Bags capture and trap 99% of pollen and mold.
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE & POWERFUL PICK-UP - Pulls in stubborn dirt & messes with a Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System & 10X the Power-Lifting Suction. Control how you clean with the iRobot HOME app or your voice assistant.
- SMART NAVIGATION GETS THE JOB DONE - The i3+ navigates & maps your home in neat rows using state-of-the-art floor tracking sensors to vacuum hardwood & carpet.
- GOES WHERE IT'S NEEDED, AVOIDS WHERE IT'S NOT - Reactive Sensor Technology tells the robot where it can & cannot reach, which means less getting stuck & more knowing where to go. Dirt Detect sensors, it can focus cleaning where it’s needed most.
- LEARNS YOUR LIFE LISTENS TO YOUR VOICE - Learns your cleaning habits to offer up personalized schedules, while Google Assistant & Alexa allow you to start cleaning with just the sound of your voice.
- DOUBLE THE CLEAN WITH ONE MACHINE. The Roomba Combo i5 robot vacuum & mop is designed for both wet and dry floor cleaning—converting from an all-floor vacuum to a vacuum & mop, with the simple switch of a bin.
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE. POWERFUL PICKUP. Pulls in the everyday dirt and debris with a 4-Stage Cleaning System, featuring unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes that adjust to different floor types and avoid getting tangled with pet hair.
- SIMULTANEOUSLY VACUUMS AND MOPS HARD FLOORS. Don't waste extra time cleaning, the Roomba Combo i5 robot vacuum & mop cleans wet or dry with one machine.
- A MOP PAD DESIGNED FOR PERFORMANCE. Designed for wet floor mopping performance, the specialized microfiber pad tackles footprints, dirt and dust.
- CLEAN YOUR WAY MORE EFFICIENTLY. Fill the Roomba Combo Bin’s tank with a compatible cleaning solution* of your choice or just water and instantly transform your robot into a vacuuming and wet mopping robot that leaves your home fresh and clean. *See iRobot website for list of compatible cleaning solutions.
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE AND POWERFUL PICK-UP
- IDEAL FOR HOMES WITH PETS
- LEARNS YOUR LIFE LISTENS TO YOUR VOICE
- ADAPTIVE NAVIGATION
- OUR MOST ADVANCED CLEAN - You—& your home—deserve the best. With groundbreaking technology & a sophisticated design, the s9+ is our smartest, most powerful robot vacuum yet.
- DEEPEST CLEAN - With 40X the suction power, the superior 3-Stage Cleaning System lifts, loosens, then eliminates debris & pet hair from deep within your carpets. Increases suction to clean even deeper into carpets with power boost technology.
- DETAILED POWERFUL CLEAN - PerfectEdge Technology with advanced sensors & a specially designed Corner Brush optimize cleaning deep into corners & along edges. Ideal for homes with pets. 30% wider Dual Rubber Brushes don't get tangled with pet hair.
- GUIDED BY SERIOUS SMARTS - With vSLAM navigation, the s9+ learns the layout of your home & builds personal Smart Maps, enabling it to expertly clean & navigate in neat, efficient rows. If it’s running low on battery, it recharges & resumes cleaning.
- VACUUMS MESSES IN THE MOMENT - Cleaning crumbs is now as easy as “Roomba, clean under the kitchen table.” A simple request to your voice assistant* or via the iRobot Home app enables the s9+ to clean messes for you, right when they happen.
- 20% LARGER BATTERY – Larger battery for extended runtime. Compared to other Roomba i series Robot Vacuums
- CLEANS THE ROOMS YOU WANT WHEN YOU WANT - iRobot OS learns and personalizes your cleaning with Imprint Smart Mapping technology so you can direct it to clean any room you want, any time you want—either on a set schedule or in the moment.
- SWEEPS UP DUST, DIRT AND DEBRIS WITH EASE - Experience a comprehensive clean with the powerful 3-Stage Cleaning System that pulls in dirt, debris, and pet hair from wherever it hides.
- PRECISION CLEANING IN TIDY ROWS - Cleans intelligently in straight lines back and forth, to thoroughly clean your floors while navigating around furniture. When it needs to recharge, it will resume right where it left off ensuring a complete clean.
- FOCUSES ON DIRT - iRobot's Patented Dirt Detect Technology allows the Roomba i4 EVO robot to detect dirtier areas of your home and clean them more thoroughly.
- CLEANS WHEN AND WHERE YOU WANT– Only iRobot brings you Imprint Smart Mapping allowing you to control and schedule which rooms are cleaned and when, while storing multiple maps for easier cleaning on each level of your home; Plus customizable Keep Out Zones and Clean Zones allow you to tell them the exact area to avoid and clean
- CLEANS WHEN & WHERE YOU WANT– Only iRobot brings you Imprint Smart Mapping allowing you to control & schedule which rooms are cleaned and when, while storing multiple maps for easier cleaning on each level of your home; Plus customizable Keep Out Zones and Clean Zones allow you to tell them the exact area to avoid and clean
- International products have separate terms, are sold from abroad and may differ from local products, including fit, age ratings, and language of product, labeling or instructions
- CONQUER PET HAIR Uniquely designed Multi Surface Rubber Brushes and Edge Sweeping brush pull in dirt, debris, and pet hair from wherever it hides
1. Does the Roomba light stay on when charging?
Different Roomba models show different lights while charging. For any model, press down on the Clean button to know the battery status.
If your Roomba is equipped with an energy-conserving feature, then the lights will turn off after a few seconds.
2. How long do Roomba batteries last?
The batteries last for different times on each model. Wi-Fi connected 900 and s9 series can last up to two hours, while non-Wi-Fi connected 500, 600, 700, and 800 can only last up to 60 minutes.
3. Should I leave my Roomba plugged in?
Always keep your Roomba plugged in when you are not using it. Keep the Roomba charged on your home base if you have one. Otherwise, plug it onto the charger.
4. Can I tell my Roomba where to clean?
After your Roomba has learned your home plan with the Smart Mapping technology and you’ve named all your rooms, you will be able to tell Roomba to clean a specific room.
Last update on 2023-11-12